Chapter 7

Sunday

"So...you stay alone here?" Jungkook asked sitting down in front of me after finishing his work. I nodded putting the flower vase on the table.

"Yep"

"Your parents?"

"They're at our house. Before, I live with them but after I have this shop I like to stay here."

"It's not safe though."

"I'm used to it already." I said sitting down.

"And you're not afraid of me?" He asked getting up, putting his hands on the table and leaned closer to my face. I leaned my back blinking my eyes at him. I was a kind of girl who had slow reaction so I couldn't find what I should say back.

"Er..." I licked my dry lips as he kept his eyes on me.

"We're alone and sometimes you don't even be careful..."

"You're not a bad guy...I trust you."

"How come you trust people so easily?" He asked leaning back to his feet back to his old self.

"I..."

"Well, my point is 'you can't trust someone easily'." He said steadily walking to lift the box of books.

"Thanks." I said smiling as he took out the books and put on the shelf. But my smile fade away as I found Jihye's car coming.

"Jungkook, come on! Go hide, Jihye is coming." I said and Jungkook put the book down. He quickly went into the kitchen.

I hoped Jihye wouldn't go in there.

"Hey, Chingu!!! What with that face huh?" She asked me as I was still in a shock state. Well, I've never done anything like that, so I was kind of 'what-to-do?'.

"You don't want me to be here?" She asked sitting down.

"N...no. Of course not. I was thinking to call you for accompany."

"Really?"

"Mm"

"Fine. Mm, I'm thirsty, Byul."

"Ok, ok, I'll get water for you. Just sit down." I quickly pulled her as she was about to go into the kitchen.

"Alright" She sat down and I let out a sigh before walking in the kitchen.

"She was about to go in here." I said lowly opening the refrigerator. Jungkook was sitting on a chair beside it with a book in his hand.

"I know you can handle her." He simply said smiling at me.

"I hate to lie though."

"Tell her the truth then."

"She'll kick you out in a second."

"Not really. How can she kick a handsome guy like me out huh?" What he said made me turn to him with 'are you serious?' face.

"Right?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Whatever." I said walking out before Jihye came and asked what took me so long?

"Here you go." I said handing the glass to Jihye.

"Anyway, Byul-ah, do you still keep in touch with that bear boy?"

"Not that thing again, Jihye." I pouted when she talked about him.

"Seriously, Byul."

"Jinjja, Jihye."

"Fine." She hissed and I sighed.

"Oh, sorry, Chingu-ah. Hyunsoo needs me now." She said after reading her text.