Epilogue

Avery's POV
"The bride and groom will now recite their own vows." The town's priest says. The barn is filled to the brim with the entire town. I smile across at Theo who smiles back at me. He stands tall in a crisp black suit. I stand across next to him a white lace wedding dress and cow girl boots.

 I stand across next to him a white lace wedding dress and cow girl boots

"I'm gonna to read Avery's first letter she ever wrote to me." Theo announces, pulling a worn envelope from his coat pocket.

"Hello! I'm Avery Parker. I'm a sophomore who mistakenly choose legal studies class instead of a study hall. Our assignment is to pen pal a convicted criminal.
Excuse the word criminal and convicted. I'm sorry if they're to strong of words"
The crowd of family and friends laugh at my timid words.
"How are you?" Theo continues to read on. "How is, excuse me, prison? Do you have a bunk bed? How was lunch today? What is your favorite part of- excuse me again- prison?
Well, I look forward to your letter. Please write as much as you like.
-Avery Parker"

Laughing with tears in my eyes I mouth the words I love you to Theo.

"Coincidentally, I'm reading your last letter." I grin at him, unfolding a letter.

"Dear Ave,
How are things? Is Lucas still reading your diary? If he is just hide his car keys." Lucas, Theo's best man, laughs besides to Theo.
"Thank you for that care package you sent me. Your sister's cupcakes were to good. I haven't put down the books you sent me, each sentence changes me for the better.
Each day you your letters make me better. You're my best friend, and I have to say thank you for being my friend.
-Your favorite felon, Theo Jones."

"I do."

"I do."