Chapter 4.

During our trip to the small town we talked about work and jobs I could get etc. As I didn't have enough money Peter offered to help me out...he said he lived alone and he would like company for a while and he would make sure he settles me down...I began to feel better and human again...I accepted his offer...he was a good Man and I was lonely.

We got off in the town...I helped Peter unload the truck and carried the goods to the super market where they belonged.... 

A few ladies shopping over there stopped dead and stared at me with their mouths hanging open....I felt strange...what the hell is their problem? Don’t they know staring is a crime? I thought bitterly...they were beautiful but I felt nothing at all....once I used to be so in love but now I don't even know what love is...I just gave one of them a questioning glare and she blushed. This was disgusting...I ignored them during my next few trips to the market with the goods.

Peter stood watching the whole scene...the young ladies walked past him and he heard them saying "he was the hottest guy I've ever seen in this town...and he didn't even like us"

The other who had got the hard glance looked like she wanted to cry....she was a pretty girl. They hurriedly walked away...glancing back over their shoulders to look at zack carrying more boxes across the street. When they were done they got back to the truck and drove to Los angles...the city of celebrities and stars, the city where dreams came true n crushed, the city of night life.....the city of Hollywood but it had nothing special for Zack..Or so he thought.

By the time they reached there Zack was so tired but excited. 

Finally I'm far far away from misery he breathed the fresh air of freedom from the terrible things which haunted him but not anymore!

I didn't know a damn thing about anything over here...Peter offered me to stay with him until I find a place to live. 

Peter parked the truck in some kind of place just outside the city...the place had lots of other trucks too...from there we moved in to a car which was very old but it was good...we drove in the city...in the fabulous streets past the restaurants and shopping malls I had only scene on TV...

I had an awesome life back then but I've never been to Los angles...I even owned a BMW once but now I have nothing to do with all that right? Some things were hard to let go and still it was hard to accept that I was nobody anymore with nothing....but I did accept it a few hours back didn't I? 

Yes I did! So let's build a life again!

Peter pulled in from of a small house...it was in a nice decent part of the city. I was surprised a guy like him would have a house in a city like this and in a place like this.

We got out and he guided me inside. The house was nicely furnished...didn't look like it was owned by a truck driver. Peter saw my expression and understood any surprise. He said "I know what you might be thinking but I used to work for Hollywood producer...I just transported the things they needed to the location they wanted...it earned me slot of money and my wife had a bakery and the business was pretty good...we were really well off."

He sighed and sat on the sofa gesturing me to sit aswell.  

"Okay" I said casually. 

"I would like to help you out son...we can talk about your future in the morning...it's almost 8pm and I’ll get us something to eat and then you can retire for the night. I nodded. Peter got up and threw the TV remote at me...watch something until I fix dinner. With that he got up and headed towards the kitchen.