Stuck In The Middle

R I L E Y

I knocked on Alex's door and almost immediately she opened it. "May I come in?" I asked.

"No." She said coldly. "Then why am I here." I said sighing. "It's time for you to pick Riley. Cat or Me?"

"I- you're not really expecting me to answer?"

"Actually I am. An old ex of mine Jade wants to get back together but Cat is starting to like her because Cat is a slut." I nodded that sounded believable. "She wants her answer by the end of the week and whoever you choose will affect my decision."

"You have until Friday." She said then closed her door and locked it.

---------

"So now she wants me to make the big decision tomorrow!"

"Didn't you cut Cat off and Alex was the one that you really liked? This decision should be easy for you Riles." Missy said.

"A part of me is screaming Alex! Then the next part of me doesn't want to commit to a relationship right now. Who wants to have sex with one person for the rest of their life that's why people cheat in marriages."

''Hey! People who cheat are terrible and disgusting. Don't you dare stick up for them!"

"Sorry." I mumbled. I forgot that Missy parents got a divorce because her dad cheated. I felt bad for her but at least she has a good parent. Both of my parents are totally dicks.

"What do I do?"

"Listen to your heart."

"How Cheesy." I said and rolled my eyes. "Seriously help me I don't know who to choose!"

"Well is it your fault because your attitude. Obviously Alex doesn't want to put up with the bullshit anymore and honestly I wouldn't either."

"Fine I know who I'm gonna choose."

M A Y A

Riley and Missy were talking right outside of my classroom. Why did she go to Missy instead of me? I thought she always came to me for advice. I felt a pang of jealously but I let it slide. Maybe she would tell me after school after all, she does talk to me only after school.

I sat down at my desk and started to mark some papers. This job is really getting frustrating I wish I was an Art teacher... I bet all they have to do is look at the art works of the other students and help them improve their art skills.

That sounds like so much fun. I pulled out my sketch book from my bottom drawer and started off from a clean slate. Hmm what should I draw?

I got a freshly sharpened pencil then started to work on my sketch. For some reason I wanted this one to be just perfect because I was sketching a familiar brunette girl who has recently captured my heart and is now taking me on the ride of my life.

When I finished up the final touches I decided to name my work. I drew it's name in fancy letters.

Riley