SEVEN

Oh how I hate the beach.

I have made a point to avoid all beach days, beach walks, beach trips, beach parties, beach everythings since I got to California. 

Sounds Weird I know. Youre probably thinking to yourself this girl is stupid, who doesnt like the beach? And the answer is I dont. The beach was never part of the plan, and when you grow up with such a sheltered life as I have, it makes it hard to branch out and try new things. Its like if you were fed one food and one food only your whole life like a tomato and all of the sudden someone offers you a grape, youd be apprehensive to try the grape and would most likely resort back to your tomato. In one twisted metaphor, thats my life.

I dont even bring a bathing suit with me when I show up to meet Austin. I dont know why I am here, but something possessed my legs to march all the way to the back entrance to meet this boy, so I am here.

"so are we going to do this or what?" is my opening line. I try to mask my nerves with a smile. 

"yeah" Austin laughs shocked that I showed up

"Sorry Im late, I had to submerse myself in sunscreen" Im a nice olivy color, and something about burnt olive as a complexion tone didnt seem all to appealing

He opens a car door for me and I hop in. Usually Im not one for hoping into stranger's cars, but i obviously am not thinking very clearly today.

obviously.

Austin hops in the back seat next to me because he has a driver. He drums on the headrest of the seat in front of him to let out extra excitement and gives the man in the drivers seat instruction to take us to the beach.

I dont say a word at first. I am trying to replay the events of earlier today through my head in order to figure out the logic, if any, that lies behind all of this. As you may have guessed, there is none, so I channel Tyer's words from earlier and try to enjoy myself.

"smile!" Austin leans in and snaps a picture before I can react

He turns the phone screen around to reveal the world's most heinous picture of the both of us. He looks concerned.

I laugh "aww dont worry, your nose doesnt look that big in real life" I pat the self-conscious boy's arm who is still dumbfounded by the blatant ugliness that that photo exudes.

"Oh I wasnt making that face at my nose, I looking at you" He laughs as I give him a friendly shove, rolling my eyes.

"wanna try again?" I ask. I pry the phone away from him and reset the camera. This time I am prepared for the picture, so I smile and tilt my head towards his. Once finished, I look at the picture. "Much better" I approve

He snatches his phone back "much better" he repeats. 

"No one else sees that photo" I warn

"What? I was going to put it on Instagram"

"like hell you are!" I lean over and try to grab his phone. He is to quick for me. "austin! Delete it" I keep snatching at the air "I'm serious!" 

He laughs keeping himself entertained by moving his phone away from my hand at the last second with every grab I give up

"please" 

"fine" He says "I won't post it, but Im not going to delete it either"

I dont argue with the compromise 

"aw sweet, we're here" I hear Austin mutter as I look to my left.

Its different from its pictures, but somehow its just as I pictured it, I think, looking at the sand meeting water meeting sky. 

"So are we going to do this or what?" Austin repeats the words I used to great him with earlier. It makes me smile.

--------------

Have been handing out dedications to my followers, follow me and my next chapert could be dedicated to you :)