Chapter 1

"Shit... It's so goddamned... Hot" you panted as your ran down the road. During the attack in the city the King had ordered you to go and find Noctis. Luckily he was out of the city while all of that was going down, and you were thankful for that considering he was your boyfriend and all, but it was a huge inconvenience.

You had been running almost constantly for about two days so you should be almost at cindy's workshop. You had to stop to take a breather. "There's no way I can keep going like this for much longer.... I knew being one of the prince's guards was gonna be tough but this! Really?!" You spoke to yourself while leaning on the fence that was put up on the edge of the road.

You took out the locket that was hanging around your neck and opened it listening to the tune that it played briefly. You loved that song, Noctis had been a sweetheart and had it made for you for your birthday. You smiled at the precious piece of jewellery that was hanging around your neck and tucked it back down under your collar.

You pushed yourself off of the fence and began to walk again, you couldn't bring yourself to run yet. Your legs were shaky and weak and your breathing was heavy l as your body tried to regain the oxygen it had lost through your marathon. You stopped, however when you heard voices up ahead over the brow of the hill.

You pressed on up the hill and when you got to the top you saw four men standing around a car. They all looked reasonably agitated at the vehicle and you stifled a small chuckle at their situation until you remembered that you were no better off. You were about to call out to them until the shorter one turned around and stopped dead in his tracks. Your mirrored his actions and you ended up just staring at each other until the reality hit you.

"Noc...tis" you spoke, "Noctis!", all of the energy in the world suddenly flooded into your body and you sprinted towards him. He took some steps forward and you crashed straight into him resulting in him ending up in the same place he was before because of the amount of force you hugged him with.

He brought you into the tightest, safest hug that you'd ever experienced. "(Y/n) I was so worried about you. I'm so glad you for out of there. Are you hurt?" He grabbed hold of your shoulders pushing you backwards slightly so he could get a good look at you. "I'm fine, really. Just warn out is all."

You stood staring at each other for a few seconds and you were still trying to catch your breath until Ignis coughed and brought your attention over to him. "(Y/n), how and why are you even out here?"

"Oh I ran" you simply stated not thinking much of it. "And I'm here because the King ordered me to find you guys as, I also, was assigned to the position of guarding the prince". You said that part more sternly as you didn't think that the group thought you could do a great job because you were a girl.

"Is the King ok?" Prompto spoke up from his position on the other side of the car. You all fell into a silence after he asked the question and you answered quietly, "he... I-I'm not sure. I'm sorry.." You looked down at the floor.

"Well it's no use just standing here and sulking." Noctis said in his usual tone and Gladio agreed with him, "yeah, we need to move the car."

"Did it break down?" You asked.

"Yeah it did. We're going to have to push it." The ravenette said as he walked past you toward the boot of the car and beckoned for you to follow him.

"Oh I know!" You suddenly blurted out and revived an odd look from everyone.

"You know what?" Ignis asked from his position at the drivers side of the car.

"There's a mechanic shop up ahead and I'm good friends with the owner so I'm sure she wouldn't mind fixing the car when we get there."

You all started to push the heavy car and it was a lot harder to control than you'd all previously imagined, especially when you can to push it down the hill. Let's just leave it as it didn't go too greatly. 

"How far away is this shop then?" Noctis asked you when you'd all finally managed to get a grip of the car pushing.

"Errm about a mile roughly." You received a rather hefty sigh from your boyfriend and groans and sighs from everyone else. "Really boys? It's not that far and that's coming from the person who just ran all the way here." You thought you'd add that last part in just to get a dig at them.

"Well it should all go smoothly unless we run into something that wants to eat us" Gladio added in.

"Haha yeah. That would be unfortunate." You laughed and then realised what he said and apparently so did Prompto as you both said in unison:

"wait! Eat us!?"
__________________________________

Guys I can't seem to access this story through notifications that I receive so could you please leave a comment or message me if you can or can't read this or access it so I can try and fix it. Thanks~