Ch 1: Where It All Began

Chapter One - Where It All Began

______________________________________________________________

I was sitting in home economics, the last period for today which is Friday, listening to the teacher babble on about our homework for the weekend. I zoned out after hearing that we had to bake a cake, well that's easy. I'll get our cook to bake me one and take a photo of it like Ms. Mitchell said. I was deep in thought about my amazing weekend ahead with my boyfriend Tyler Bates when my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out to see I have received one new text message from Mum.

Ed, I know you are going to Tyler's for the weekend, but you're Father and I need to talk to you about something very important. Please come home tonight, it would be a lot easier if we got it out of the way soon. I love you my darling Edelyne xx

There was no way I was giving up my weekend with Tyler, we had booked a house boat for the entire weekend and I was not going to let it go to waste just because my parents want to 'talk' to me.

I was pulled out of my trance when the bell went signaling it was finally the end of the day.

I walked out of the classroom only to be grabbed from behind my Tyler. I immediately forgot about my parents and I couldn't help but smile with his touch.

"Hey babe, are you ready to leave?" Ty said while kissing the crook of my neck.

"How about I meet you there, my parents have to talk to me or something, but I'll meet you there about 7?" I said hoping he wouldn't be disappointed in my answer.

"Sure baby, anything you want is fine by me. Do you need a ride home?"

"No I'm good, so I'll meet you at the peer at around 7. I have to go, I'll see you later." And with that he pulled me into him and pushed his lips to mine for one very hot kiss.

"I'll meet you there baby." He pecked me once more on the cheek and turned around and left.

At least now I can talk to my parents and still have the most amazing weekend.

*************

I waited until everyone was out of the parking lot with only one car left, the bitch of a principals car, Mrs. Rodcliffe.

I tightened my black hoodie around my face and got straight to work. With the glad wrap and bright green spray paint in hand, I got straight to work.

 Looks like my parents are just going to have to wait awhile...

***************

I walked through the front door and I was greeted by Jade, our maid.

"Miss. McKinleigh, your parents are in the living room waiting for you."

I went to the living room and like Jade said, my parents were sitting there.

"Eddie! Come sit, there is something very important we need to tell you." Dad spoke with a serious voice, but I could tell he was uncomfortable about what he was going to say.

"Uh okay, what is it? I need to leave soon to meet Tyler." I said wishing they would just get to the point.

They looked at each other for a brief moment and then looked me straight in the eye. There was an awkward silence for a minute or two and thankfully Mum broke this silence.

 "Ed, there is something we need to discuss with you." He looked down at his shuffling feet at the end of his sentence.

This must be something big, he never gets nervous...

"Uh, well we got a letter from your school on Wednesday informing us about your extremely low grades and you've been suspended more times than you've had days at school. Today just happen to be the last straw. We're not going to yell at you about you're events today, but we are disappointed in you. Your Mother and I had a conversation about it when we got it and we have come to the conclusion that as of next week you are going to the boarding school in Sydney and are not to come back here to Melbourne until the end of the semester." He was being serious because the way he said it meant he didn't regret saying it and he was very disappointed in my grades.

"What! I'm sorry but no, I'm not leaving Melbourne for some stupid boarding school!" I was pretty ticked off and Dad could tell because he saw my anger bubbling and his voice soften a tad, but it didn't last for long and he went back to being serious.

"This is a non-negotiable matter. You are leaving for East Side Co-Ed Boarding School tomorrow afternoon."

I couldn't stand to be in the same room as them at the moment so I stood up. I started making my way from the living room when someone grabbed by wrist, turning me around to face them. It was Dad and I could tell in his eyes that he was sad about what was happening. Eyes never lie.

"Whatever, like you can make me do anything I don't want to do!" I practically screamed in my Dad's face.

My mind was spinning thinking about everything that has been said tonight. I needed to go and relax and there was only one person who could make me relax.

I went straight to the peer and it was around 6 45 so I decided I could just wait for Ty and think about everything.

************

I must have zoned out for awhile because before I knew it an elegant white house boat came up to the dock a few meters to my left.

I was staring at the love struck couple getting out of the boat hand in hand; they started walking down the stairs onto the dock. My chest felt all tight and my heart dropped when I recognized the guys face; my Ty's face.

When they were finally on the dock he grabbed the girl and bought her close to him, he put his hands on her butt and squeezed before closing the space between their faces and kissed her with more passion that he has ever done with me.

She left him there and he started smiling and looking around when he met my gaze and his smile dropped into a surprised look.

"Edelyne?" He questioned. Like he didn't know it was me. He'd been caught out.

~~~~~~~~~

What does everyone think about this story? Any ideas for improvement or anything like that? I'm more than happy for suggestions!

-Megan :)