Chapter 1

Emily's POV
Hi, I'm Emily Hemmings. I'm 14 years old. And I'm the sister of the 1 out of 2 5 Seconds of Summer guitarists. Lukey is my brother. He's 18 now. I've seen him a few times he'd come back. Of course, I've ignored him a lot of the time, I can't face him knowing the fact that I'd be bullied for being his sister, the next day.
I get ready for school and walk out, ignoring my mum's calls for breakfast. I listened to my brother's band till I got to school, I put my phone in my bag and continued to walk. I knew I'd be beat up. I was pushed against the wall, I winced, a boy said" come on now, sing little Hemmings." I said" I-I c-can't sing." He said" sure you can or you're adopted." He hit me in the gut, I whined out in pain, he continued to hit my stomach till I slid down the wall, holding my stomach and curling into myself. I cried and pulled myself up and to the bathroom, I lifted my shirt off and saw the bruise, I whimpered and pulled my shirt down. I wiped my eyes before looking at myself in the mirror, my dirty blonde hair and blue eyes resembling Luke's, I whispered" why'd you leave me? Lukey?" I walked out and went to class, wiping my eyes with my sweater paws, I have Luke's old jacket on. I sat in the back, holding my stomach in my arms in so much pain.
Once lunch came around, I grabbed my phone and checked Twitter. I saw a tweet
You're so ugly, you're definitely not Luke's sister, he's too perfect to be related to you. #GoDieEmily
I wiped tears from my eyes and then gulped, they want me dead. They're right, Luke's perfect, I'm not. I'm ugly, stupid and so fat. Luke's handsome, smart and muscle-y.
Once school was over, I sat on the bench, not ready to go home yet. Then my bullies come, he said" gonna sing for me now?" I shook my head, he glared at me before punching me in the stomach a few more times. I walked home, holding my stomach, and crying. Listening to Luke's voice play from a video we made a long time ago. I was about 10 when Luke left with the boys. It hit me harder than my mum or dad. Luke was and still is, he'll always be, so when he left I crashed. Crashed and Burned.
Luke's POV
The guys and I are hanging in the hotel room, when my phone rings. I see it's my mum. I answer quickly, I said" hi mum!" She said" hey, sweetie. Have you heard from your sister, today?" I said" uh.. No." She said" okay, oh there she is. Em, come talk to Lukey." I heard my sister's faint voice saying" I-I'm just g-gonna go lie d-down." Something's wrong with her, I know it. My mum said" okay, when are you planning to come home?" I said" uh.. I'm not sure." She said" okay, call me or your father." I said" yeah, bye, love you." She said" bye, love you too." Then she hung up. We're in London right now. I miss Em so much.
Emily's POV
I was so close to talking to Lukey, but I just ignored it and told my mum I was going to lie down. It's so stupid! I'm so stupid. I walk to my room and put my earbuds in my ears and then I lay down, curling into myself to hold my stomach. I cry silently.
It's midnight, I'm still awake. I can't fall asleep. I check Twitter, I scrolled through a lot of hate. All hate. No one likes me. I know that. No one. I walk into my bathroom and grab my blade, I sliced my arm.
Once
Twice
Three
Four
I stopped and washed them off, not caring to bandage them. I walk to my toilet and sit next to it, I lean over and make myself puke, till I know there's nothing left in my stomach. I puked about 3 times. I walked to my bed and laid down, not sleeping, staring off into space.
I wake up and realize winter break is only 2 weeks away. I hope Luke comes back, but I don't know if I'll be able to face him.