Chapter 1

Jasmines POV

I awoke from a deep sleep, with hot heavy air breathing on my neck. I snuggle into the hard object in my bed, holding him closer, placing my face into his hard, fit chest and wrapping my arms around his neck. I place a soft kiss on his lips, as he stirs and mumbles incoherent words in his sleep. I smile as he mumbles my name.

"Baby..." I whisper quietly. Not knowing if my dad was already gone to work or not. He slowly opens his beautiful deep brown eyes and blinks a few times, taking in his surroundings. A slow smile lights up his face and my heart skips a beat. "Hey Beautiful," his voice cracks.

I put my finger to my lip signaling for him to be quiet, and he smiles. "I'll be right back" I whisper quietly to him as i get up and put my robe on over my tank top and shorts.As I walk out of my room, I slowly and quietly shut my door behind me, quietly tip toeing to the end of the hall. As I pass my dads door, I take a peek in and see an empty room and an already made bed. I walk on normally, going down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I see my father look up from his newspaper, as he places his cup of coffee down. "Good morning Jazzy" My father announces in his monotone voice. I go around the counter and wrap an arm around him. "Morning" i mumble as I go around him and into the fridge and grab a mountain dew. My father raise an eyebrow. "When did you start drinking soda again...?" he trails off. Probably trying to figure out when I started drinking it again. "Uhh.. recently. I was getting migraines from the withdrawl of caffeine. So I just started back up." I say as he stands up and reaches for his belt, consisting of his gun and taser. Yes, my dad is a police officer, and not only is he a police officer, but the chief of police. I only wonder what would happen if he realized my boyfriend was upstairs in my bedroom right now.

I walk my dad to the door and give him a peck on the cheek. "Be safe.." I slowly start back up the stairs, not wanting to seem eager, I really wouldn't want him suspicious of anything. He already doesn't like Alex. Id rather not try and find another reason for him not to like him even more. As I get to the door of my room. I hear Alex talking into his phone. " Am I the absolutely last person possible who can do it?" He mumbles, probably hoping I wouldn't hear. I, not wanting to interrupt his call, wait impatiently on the other side of the door. "Yeah, ill be there. Yeah I'm packing." He answers the question the person on the other end of line must be asking. "Kay, see you then." He says.

I wait a few seconds before entering the door. His brooding face expression turned into an expressionless one, clearly he didn't want me to know what was going on.

"Who was that?" I say, doing my best to hide the anxiety in my voice. "Oh, that was just my mom. She wanted me to run by the house before I went to school, so would it be alright if you just drove yourself today, and I'll meet you there?" He asked. Clearly he was going to lie to me, and I wanted to tell myself that he thought it was for the best to keep me out of his other life.

I bit my lip and nodded my head. "That'll be fine.. Are you going to be late?" I ask. Knowing that it all depends on how his client is. "Uh. No. Ill be there. And with time to spare." He walks to me with an empty smile on his face and kisses me softly. Putting as much emotion into it as he can. He does this every time he knows hes going on a deal. I figure its because he never knows if hes coming back.

My hand cups his cheek, holding his face to mine, as my other hand goes through his dark brown hair. My eyes close slowly. "I love you." I feel him mumble against my lips. My eyes start to tear up and I know its best if I get him out before the tears start again. "I love you too." I whisper. "But I really need to shower before school. So I'll see you there?" I smile the fake smile that has been on my face a lot lately.

His pained expression tells me he knows its fake, but i ignore it as i slowly push him out my door, before i change my mind and keep him prisoner. I know he thinks what he is doing is right, and he feels the need to protect his family, but i wish i could just change his mind, and show him that there can be other ways to protect his family without having to put his life in danger, every day.