Chapter Nineteen

Derek sat up straight on the bed, rubbing the midday nap from his eyes. He looked over and saw the naked Stiles still sleeping beside him. He softly brushed his hand over his smooth bum and got up, covering Stiles with the covers before walking to the dresser, climbing into clothes.

He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, and wrote a note for Stiles if he woke up before he returned. I ran to the grocery store. Don't worry, I'll get you something as a surprise. There's orange juice in the fridge. When you wake up, pour yourself a glass and relax. Love, Derek. He placed the note on the beside table on his side and walked out of the room.

Stiles heard the roar of the Jeep's engine, which woke him up. He rolled onto his back and looked up at the ceiling, wishing Derek would come back. He looked over and grabbed the note, reading it through sleepy eyes. Once he fully got his mind to focus and understand what it was saying, he throw it aside and groaned as he rolled back over and went back to sleep.

••••••

Derek walked into the store, grabbing a cart. He went straight for the cereal and grabbed Stiles' favorite off the shelve, Cap'n Crunch.

Behind Derek, a girl walked up and slipped something into his back pocket without Derek noticing. The girl then put her phone to her ear and walked away. Derek looked for his cereal, which he couldn't find. He sighed and walked into the bakery. Stiles loved cinnamon raisin bagels, and it smelt like there were new batches of them that just came in.

He grabbed two bags full and put them in the cart, then made his way to the frozen section. He grabbed some cookie dough ice cream and some black cherry. He also grabbed some vanilla and went and grabbed a two liter of root beer for root beer floats.

Derek was just about to go and check out when he saw it. It took him by surprise. He didn't know he'd see such a thing at this type of store. Derek took slow steps toward it, not taking his eyes off of it. He reached it and picked it up. A huge bouquet of roses. There had to be two dozen of them, a mixer of red, pink, and white roses. He gently laid them down in the cart and went to pay, excited to get home and give Stiles those beautiful roses.

••••••

Stiles' phone went off, which woke him up. He quickly reached for his cell phone and, without looking at caller ID, answered. "Hello?" Stiles said, sleep still in his voice.

"Stiles? Oh. I thought this was Derek's number," a familiar voice said with a faint smirk in her tone. Stiles took the phone off his head and looked at the call info, it was a blocked number.

"Who is this?" Stiles asked.

"Doesn't matter. If Derek doesn't want to tell his roommate stuff about his personal life, it's not my business to tell." The female voice said. The fact that she called him Derek's roommate made him tense. "Well, what the hell. Can you please tell Derek that I would like my panties back? He put them in his back pocket for some reason and I'd like them back."

"What..?" Stiles asked. "Who are you??"

"I said it didn't matter. Now are you going to tell him or do I need to come over and take them back myself."

"Listen here you little bitch. Derek is my boyfriend. I don't know who you think you are but Derek would never cheat on me. You sound really familiar and once I figure out who you are I will find you and I will give you the biggest bitch slap that you have ever felt that your mom will feel it. You hear me? I don't know why you are making up this story that Derek and you are a thing and we're just roommates, but that's not how it is. You better leave him alone." Stiles said firmly, his temper heating up. He ending the call and through his phone on the floor.

Stiles heard the Jeep pull up and he made his way down, not caring that he was fully naked. He stood at the foot of the stairs with his arms crossed as Derek open the door, groceries hanging from his arms and a bouquet of roses in his hand. Seeing that Derek actually did go to the store like he said he would made Stiles feel 100 times better, and he blushed as he took the roses.

"They're gorgeous baby," Stiles said, leaning up and pecking Derek's cheek before stepping aside and letting Derek walk into the house and into the kitchen.

"I got stuff for root beer floats," Derek said, placing the groceries down on the counter. Stiles smiled as he got out a vase for the roses. "Also I grabbed cookie dough and black cherry ice cream."

"Oh yum," Stiles said, walking up and placing a kiss on Derek's lips. "So I just got a call that really made my blood boil."

"Why? What was it about?" Derek asked, looking into Stiles' eyes.

"It was some girl that had a really familiar voice telling me that you took her panties. She said that we were roommates and if you didn't want to tell your roommate things about your personal life, she shouldn't be the one. That's why she didn't tell me her name." Stiles said, watching Derek. "She said you put her panties in your back pocket."

"That's crazy. I've been at the store," Derek said, reaching into his back pockets to prove that there were nothing in there. "Just like I sa-" Derek stopped and looked at the pair of cheetah print panties in his right hand. He looked up at Stiles who was starring at the pair of underwear. "I swear I don't know where these came from..."

"You're cheating on me..." Stiles said, anger burning at his skin. "It makes sense. I was a little kid, so you cheated on me to get your pleasure out."

"Stiles, that's not true. I don't know where these came from..."

"Save it." Stiles said, throwing the roses at Derek's chest. "We're done. Why don't you go back to your girlfriend."

"But Stiles, I-" Derek tried, but Stiles stormed out of the kitchen before he could get a word out. Derek couldn't hold back the tears. They came pouring out like never before. "Stiles please!"

Stiles stormed upstairs and into the bedroom, grabbing a box and shoving all his things into it. He put clothes on and stormed outside, into the jeep. Derek came out, the roses in his hands upside down. He looked at Stiles with tears in his eyes. Stiles looked away as he started the jeep and pulled out. It wasn't until he got to his dads porch when the tears came, and he fell onto the stairs.

John opened the door and quickly got to his son's side, pulling him into his chest. "What's the matter son?" He asked, looking at the box of stuff.

"D-Derek... He cheated on m-me..." Stiles said, sobbing in his dads chest. John sighed and held his son, wanting so badly to go to Derek and shoot him, but knew that'll make Stiles feel worse.

"Why don't you come inside," John said, slowly getting up and grabbing the box before following his son into the house.