Drip,Drip,Drip(creepy story, I hope)

"Emma?We're leaving honey,close the door!"mom yelled from downstairs and I ran downstairs.

"Ok."I said watching dad help mom put on her coat.They were going to an overnight party of dad's business partner.It was being held at a yacht,so they would be gone for the rest of the night.

"Lock up everything and don't open the door for anyone.There are too much bad guys roaming about these days.So don't open the door for anyone.Even your friends.Do I make myself clear?"mom said.

This was the first time they were leaving me alone at night at our new house.

Well not exactly alone,I had Lea,a border brown collie and I'll have her with me the whole time, so I wasn't exactly feeling scared or anything.

"Bye,Have fun!"I said locking the door after my parents.Then I locked up all the doors and windows.

The phone rang.

"Hello?"I said speaking into the mouth piece while checking my cell phone messages.

"Honey remember to lock the basement window too."mom said.

I sighed.

"Ok mom."I said then she hung up.

"Woof!Woof!"Lea barked while standing on her paws.This meant she wanted a treat.

"Let me lock the window then I'll get you your treat."I said and went downstairs.

I lit up the light and went over to lock the window,but it was stuck.I could only leave it slightly ajar.The lock wouldn't go all the way.

I left it like that and locked the door to the basement.I double checked it.

Then I poured Lea's doggy treat in her bowl and went upstairs to do my homework.

Lea came up after a while and seeing her I realised she had finished her dinner but I hadn't eaten anything.

It was 9pm.I went downstairs to the kitchen and fixed myself some macaroni and cheese and grabbing a can of soda parked myself infront of the TV.

I watched Criminal Minds,two episodes back-to back and then after watching CSI I began to feel sleepy.I turned off the TV.Checked the locks once again and went upstairs.

I changed into my PJ's and crashed on the bed.

It was midnight by then.

I was dreaming about Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom fighting over me...(What?I can dream can't I?) then something woke me up.

I sat half way up and looked around confusedly.I thought I had heard something.I looked at the clock on the night stand it was almost 3 am.I distinguished the sound as a drip,drip.

Oh probably left the tap running while brushing my teeth.I got up and sure enough,water droplets were falling noisily in the sink.

I turned off the tap.

Lea,who sleeps under my bed or sometimes next to my slippers, raised her head.I got into bed and hung my hand down and Lea licked it.Then I fell asleep.

Drip.Drip.Drip.

I opened my eyes halfway and thought about the tap being open again.

"I'm not getting up."I mumbled sleepily to myself and reached my hand down and let Lea lick it.She did and again feeling assured she was there I went back to sleep.

Drip.Drip.Drip.Drip.

"Agh!Stupid tap."I mumbled turning over,looking at my clock.

It was 6:15am.I'll be getting up in half an hour anyway,might as well turn off the tap now and get a head start on breakfast.

I got up,tied up my hair in a loose bun and looked under the bed.

Lea wasn't there.

"Lea?"I called out and looked out of my room.

"Lea?Where are you come here girl."I called,going downstairs.

She wasn't anywhere downstairs.

That's odd.Maybe she's hiding in my closet again.I went back up and looked in my closet.Not there either.

My room was quiet,except for the sound of the tap from the washroom.I checked my parents' bedroom.Lea wasn't there either.

I began to panic.

I should get ready then call mom if I still can't find her.Maybe she'll come out from wherever she is for breakfast.I reasoned and went to my washroom.

I went in rubbing my eyes and after I removed my hands from eyes froze,staring at the horrendous sight before me.

The dripping hadn't been coming from the tap this time.

It was the sound of Lea's blood dripping slowly from her body,that was hung upside down the shower curtain railing.She had been cut up.

There was a paper attached to her collar.I thought I was too shocked to move but upon seeing the note my hand moved towards it instinctively and I pulled it ouf of Lea's coolar.

The note read:

"HUMANS CAN LICK HANDS TOO."

********************************

Gross?Creepy?Or plain old sick?It's also an urban legend.I know it's not too long but the original stuff is like only a paragraph long,I improvised a bit.

Don't blame you if you don't wanna comment or vote.

<3