Chapter Thirty-Seven

It snowed in the morning when Harry awoke, still in the living room. After Harry had fallen asleep, Lucy had been quick to follow. She collapsed on top of him. In the morning, Harry awake to the smell of coffee. It was still dark outside and cloudy with more snow on the way. Harry groaned and put a throw pillow over his face.

Lucy laughed. She had changed now, putting on pajamas. Neither of them had to do anything to do on Christmas Day. Perhaps lounging around was in order. She brought a cup of coffee over to him, and he moaned again. Putting the coffee cup down, Lucy pulled out a book and started to read.

Harry moved in and out of consciousness, until he gained enough sleep. His eyes opened again and the room was only slightly brighter. Gray clouds still floated outside. When he fully came to, he was on the floor and confused about it.

"How did I get here?" he asked.

"I pushed you off of the couch and you didn't even notice," she said. His eyes came to her. "I'm joking. You fell off the couch last night." She sipped her own coffee.

"You snored last night." He groaned. "I don't want to get up."

"Don't get up." Lucy's eyes rested on the page.

"I should get up."

"You should."

"I think I'll get up."

"Get up."

He huffed and rolled over to his side. His eyes locked on her. "You look beautiful."

Sighing, Lucy put her bookmark in her book and looked over to him. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas."

"Coffee is beside you."

"Thanks." Harry drank from the cup. Warmth spread through him. Slowly, he became more awake. He hadn't felt this tired in a long time. When his blue eyes came to her, he felt more alive. "Good morning."

She smiled at him and slid down to him. His arm curled down around her body, pulling her close. He kissed her on the forehead, and Lucy almost backed away from his breath. He needed a shower and a change of clothes. For now, they stayed there.

"I have a Christmas present for you," Lucy said, and she pulled out a small present.

Harry and Lucy spoke briefly about presents and neither of them wanted a lot of them. They never gave large presents. Harry had gotten Lucy something too, and he wasn't sure she would like it. He tried to get her something special after three years of dating. He knew she would probably scoff at it.

Opening the small present, it was a collar, like for a dog. Harry's eyes bulged out slightly.

"I talked to William, and he said you like dogs. I haven't chosen the dog. I thought we should do that together."

Harry nodded. "Thanks, but is the dog going to go back and forth every weekend?"

Lucy bit her lip. "That's the other thing--"

"You'll move in with me," he stated before she could get the words out. Happiness filled his face, light and shine. His lips turned up. There was a new glow about him. "You'll live with me, in Kensington Palace?"

"Yes."

Harry reached over and kissed Lucy on the lips. His hand ran through her hair. Lucy had to reach to take him in fully. Her breath smelt of peppermint, but Lucy hated the smell of his breath. She moved back with a smile.

"I have a present for you." Harry got up and grabbed it. Lucy had it handed to her. "Open it."

It was a small enough box, cube and navy. Silver curved lettering played on the top. Though small, it wasn't too small. An engagement ring could've rested inside but it had a lot of space. In Lucy's hands, it was too heavy to be an engagement ring. When she opened the box, a silver watch stared at her, a female watch without the diamonds or girly things. It was a nice watch, solar powered and water resistant; she would need that in London. Lucy had eyed a watch like this at the Mall of America and then went and looked for something cheaper. Harry must have bought it on the spot.

"I know we said nothing expensive," he said, "but your eyes lit up at the watch and I couldn't help it--"

"Thank you, Harry." Her eyes began to tear up. She brushed them away heavily with her hand.

Harry pulled her into him again, holding her close. Her body rested on his. "What is the agenda today?" he breathed into her hair.

"Nothing," she said. "There is no family or anything. We can just do whatever the hell we want."

"Could we?"

Lucy smirked and then peeled herself away from him. "Brush your teeth and meet me back here."

"What?"

"Go."

Harry immediately stood and went upstairs. He even took several moments to wash his face. Changing into comfortable sweatpants, he returned downstairs where Lucy had closed all the curtains and made a blanket and pillow pile for them. She waited beside them, standing. Smiling, he walked over and kissed her quickly on the lips, settling down, which he assumed they would be watching yet another movie. He was wrong.

Lucy stood above him and then lowered herself down. Her zip-up sweatshirt was now zipped down to her navel, and she let it slid open to be easily taken off. Her lips kissed him as she fought for control. Harry kissed back softly. His lips moved down slowly on her neck, and she giggled after he tickled her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Are you sure?"

"Yes."

They kissed again.

"I need a condom," Harry said, pushing Lucy slightly off, but she rolled back. From her jacket pocket, she pulled out an unwrapped condom. "Thank you."

"Any time."

Both of them took off their pants and underwear, shedding all extra clothing. Harry put on the condom and came back to her. Lucy awaited him on the pillows, smiling mysteriously. Her eyes glinted in happiness. He chuckled as he came to her again, lips planted again.