Chapter 3

Hey guys, above is Zanes wolf. Imagine the whites of his eyes red, surrounding the bright blue.
-Deamun

The first thing I hear are whispered voices. It makes it seem like I'm being watched, which I probably am. As soon as I open my eyes, I see Aria and the Alpha talking quietly to each other.

I groan and try to sit up, but I'm held down gently. Both Aria and Alpha Kayla each have a hand on my shoulders, making me stay down.

"You feeling ok? Does your head hurt."

"Yea, I'm fine. And no my head doesn't hurt."

They nod, seemingly happy with my answer. I sigh.

"What were you guys talking about?"

They snap their eyes back to me, surprise written on their faces.

"You heard that??"

I look at Aria.

"Well, I'm not deaf, if that's what your thinking."

They both chuckle, before Alpha Kayla answers.

"We were getting to know each other. Seems like Aria is my new best friend."

My wolf stirs at this, which makes me confused. I brush it off.

"When can I get out of this bed? I wanna run."

They both look at me like in crazy.

"You can't run!! Zane, have you lost your mind?!"

I shake me head, my heart leaping at the idea of a nice long run.

"I just really want to run."

Alpha Kayla looks at me hard, almost like she's commanding me to stay put. I feel her dominance radiating off her in waves, making me and Aria both show submission to her.

She stops her power and quickly exits the room. We both sit up as soon as she leaves. I touch my head, feeling it fully healed.

"What the- I'm healed???"

Aria looks at me.

"You can't be healed, you haven't shifted yet."

She reaches and touches where the injury was. She yanks her hand back with a gasp.

This might hurt a little.....

I clench my jaw in pain as a bone in my leg snaps.

Ok, maybe a lot.

Every bone begins to break, but I hold in my howl of pain. I have never screamed, and I won't start now. My back begins snapping, making me let out a slight whimper.

It seemed like an hour, but it was only a few minutes. When the last bone snaps in place, I shake my fur and stand.

Aria looks at me with awe. I try to keep control, but my wolf takes over. I know Aria can tell, because she quickly gets out of my way.

My wolf bolts out, running so fast, people are a blur.

Rest. You need it. I will take us somewhere safe.

I subconsciously nod, before drifting off to sleep.
                              ****
When I wake, we are in the hallow of a tree, the hard wood shielding us from the biting winds. The moisture in the air suggest rain, but it's too far away to be sure.

I stand and stretch, feeling my tight muscles clench then unclench. I can already feel my wolf, sleeping in the back of my mind.

I know I'm still on pack territory, I'm just not close to the pack house. I'm grateful that I've finally shifted, maybe I can stand up for myself.

Fat chance. I step out of my little makeshift home, into the pouring rain. I walk until I come upon a stream. The rocks split the even water, giving it curves and sharp turns.

I quickly lap up mouthfuls of water until I can't drink anymore. When I stop drinking, I freeze at the sight before me. A pure white wolf stares back at me, the whites of its eyes red and has my eye color.

Even looking at my reflection, I could tell I was huge, probably about the size of a beta. I shrug it off, watching the rain drop off my soaking fur. A howl in the distance makes my head snap up, and I instantly recognize it as my alpha, calling me home.

I force myself to start walking home, much to my wolfs protests. I don't know why he was acting like he was, but I know that Alpha Kayla wouldn't be happy if I disobeyed her command to come home.

As soon as the house is in sight, my wolf forces me to shift back, not letting anyone see my fur color. The slight burning of my eyes that shows my wolfs presence disappears.

Next thing I know, I have a blanket wrapped around my shivering form and Aria trying to warm me up. I give her a small smile, grateful for her being here. She bring me to my cell of a room quickly, forcing me to sit on my bed.

It felt like I was on a sugar high. All I wanted to of was bounce around, howling my head off.  But I don't get the chance to because Aria puts some of my clothes on me.

"Thanks Aria. I don't know what I would do without you."

"You would wither and die, that's what."

I roll my eyes at her exaggeration. I crack a smile and pull her into a bear hug. After a few minutes, she taps my back, making me let go. As soon as I do, she gasps for breath, making me chuckle.

"Go to sleep you oaf. I'll help you in controlling your wolf tomorrow."

I nod, even though I can control him. Kinda. I quickly hug her then lay down on my bed. I try to fall asleep, but as soon as sleep starts to take over me, my door opens.

"Hey, omega. Seems you forgot about our session today. You know what that means."

Sup people's, I know I haven't updated lately. I've been having soccer practice all week and I'm too tired to write, but I will keep writing, just for you guys.

Also, just a quick little thing. If I don't respond to your comments, don't feel bad. I don't respond to many comments, and your comments actually make me want to write. Your comments make me feel happy.

-Deamun