Chapter 73: Past Comes Back to Life Part 1

Sammie's POV
For the past three weeks mom has been pissed. All the calls and everything. But from who? I have no idea. All I know is that mom said to never answer them. This happened when I was little too but eventually it stopped. So this should stop to.....right? I got home from school and mom wasn't home. The house phone rung and it was that number mom told me not to answer to. But I was curious. Yeah yeah, curious killed the cat. Whatever.

"Hello?" I say picking up the phone.

"Megan?"he asked.

I immediately got pissed. My voice sounded nothing like my mom's.

"I'm sorry I didn't know my voice sounded like a girl's! Who is this?!" I yelled.

It was quiet on the other line for a while. "Are you her boyfriend or something?"the guy asked.

"No, who is this?" I ask rubbing my face in irritated.

"Who's this?"the guy asked.

"I asked first." I snapped.

"Watch your tone with me young man, I can tell your a kid."he said sighing.

"Shut up your not my dad!" I yelled and froze.

"Ah so she is married with kids...huh?"the guy said.

"Who are you?!" I yelled.

".....Her ex husband...."he said.

I just stood still. I almost dropped the phone.

"Hello?"the guy said.

"......Dad?" I said and then he went quiet.

"So I do have a son....."he mumbled.

I heard the front door unlocking. I started to panic.

"Uh b-bye." I said quickly.

"Wai-"he started to say but I hang up and put the phone up.

Mom came in looking tired. She looked up at me and smiled.

"How was school?"she asked.

I just stared at her. I gulped. "Mom.....what really happened to dad?" I asked.

Her smile fell and she paled. "I told you not to answer the phone!"she yelled.

"I have a right to know what's going on mom!" I yelled back.

"Go to your room!"she yelled.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"You heard me, your grounded. For two weeks. No going out the house unless I say you can."she said.

"That's not fair!" I yelled.

"Life isn't fair!"she snapped.

".....Sometimes it is." I said turning away from her. "I wish I was with dad....." I mumbled as I walked up the stairs and mom's eyes widen.

"Make that a month! Stay in your room! And don't come out!"she yelled looking hurt.

"All because I answered a stupid phone." I mumbled.

"No because your disobedient."she said.

"Sometimes you have to do that to make a change." I said and she glared at me.

"Don't ever answer the phone again."she said sternly.

"Whatever." I said and got up the stairs then see the door behind me.

I slid down and sighed.

Vincent's POV
"Hey Sammie!" I said cheerfully. "This is your boyfriend again. This is like the what....eleventh time I called and went to voicemail. I love you and just want to know if your okay." I said and hung up with a sigh.