Chapter Three

When I came to, I was royally pissed.

I was in a bed, for starters. That wasn't the irritating part though, because I wasn't in my own bed. I was in someone else's. And no matter how fucking comfy this one was, I did not want to be waking up in it. I mean, sure, it had an amazing silky blue cover. Sure, the pillows were so soft they were probably stuffed with the fur of dead kittens. Sure, it was a king-sized with memory foam and it smelled like spices and melted chocolate-

It didn't change anything. I was still pissed.

Secondly, I was changed. Into a pair of spandex shorts and a tight-fitting tank top. Whoever changed me had better not have been some ancient pervert, because I didn't care how old he was, I'd knock out any of his remaining teeth with pleasure.

The final thing that put me into a real shitty mood was the memories of recent events. It all hit me in a rush. Mom freaking. Asswad ordering me around. Almost dying two, no, three times. Then that sex god who waltzed in and pulled my ass from the flame.

Passing out on the floor.

And here I was. I didn't know who's house I was in, but I planned on giving them a piece of my mind. With that thought, I swung my legs out of bed and marched right to the door, relieved when it swung open without a sound or resistance. I was not so relieved, however, to find a big buff dude standing outside my door. Why the fuck were there guards? This wasn't a movie, and that shit just didn't happen in real life.

The man noticed me, turning and holding a hand up. "Miss, I need you to get back into the room. For your own safety."

"If you touch me, the only person's safety you'll need to be concerned about is yours, Bud." I threatened. He was a big boy. I always loved a good ol' fist fight, but in this case, I'd rather avoid it.

He just snorted, making a grab for my arm. Soon as he got a hold of my wrist, I regrabbed it, twisting it behind his back into an arm bar. "I'll stop now, just let me go." I tried. He was just doing his job. But like I said, the dude was freaking huge. I'd have to be really nasty to him to put him out of commission. I really would rather not.

He didn't take my invitation, making a sudden move in hopes of dislodging my grip. Sighing, I twisted up sharply with the hand holding his arm, dislocating his shoulder. I winced at the loud roar as he clutched his injury, wishing I had a weapon to put him out quickly and quietly.

Taking advantage of the wounded shoulder, I pushed forward so he stumbled against the wall, slamming his head. He groaned and slid to the floor, but he was still conscious. Damn, what was this guy? The Hulk?

I was forced to grab his hair and slam his head against the hard floor several times before he passed out. It wasn't the most humane way of doing things, but I felt backed into a corner on that one.

I panted lightly, taking a brief break before frisking him. I came up with a knife and...a mini chocolate bar? I shrugged, unwrapping it taking a bite as I sheathed the dagger. Couldn't really complain.

I tossed the wrapper back as I thought about which way I needed to go. There was a long, dark corridor to my right, or a set of stairs to my left. Figuring dark didn't mean an exit, I headed towards the stairs, going as quickly and as discreetly as I could. People would have heard my scrap with the muscleman, so I needed to book it. I wound my way through the maze of hallways as best as I could, but I was quickly getting frustrated. It should not be this hard to find the front door.

Just as I was about ready to punch a wall, I heard something. Voices. Seeing a door with light under it, I pressed my ear against it, careful not to cast a shadow to alert the people inside.