Chapter 1: You Look Hot In Those Pink Pajamas

Start from the beginning

Five more days till senior year starts. I was, for a fact, excited and anxious at the same time. I'm starting at a new school and that means: new life, new people, a chance to create a new identity, and new memories.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted with a loud knock on the door.

"Carli?" It was Mom.

"Yes?"

She opened the door and let herself in.

"I would just like to remind you about the dinner at the Haydens," Mom said, pertaining to her bosses. She walked towards my bed and patted my leg. "We'll be leaving in an hour. You better get ready now," she said and before I knew it, she was already gone.

"Well then," I said to no one. "Better get movin'."

An hour later, we were already in the car, driving through the rich part of town.

"Are we there yet?" I asked Mom for the millionth time.

"Yes honey," she answered and absentmindedly ran a hand through her perfectly made blonde hair. She looked stunning, like she always did.

You could say I kind of always wished I looked more like her.

If you didn't know my Mom, you'd think she's a former supermodel or something because she's just very graceful and attractive despite her age. After my Dad left us when I was only six, she made it a point that I get all the best, as long as she can provide it, even if that meant working her butt off.

I realized I was lost in my thoughts for a while since I didn't notice that we have already pulled in front of a very beautiful house.

Wow. I know the Haydens were loaded but I didn't know they were this rich. They lived in a freaking mansion!

When we got out of the car, a guy in uniform greeted and ushered us inside.

My eyes literally bawled upon seeing the magnificent interior of the house. Everything screamed "an awful lot of money".

And then out of nowhere, a beautiful woman dressed in expensive black clothing, with jewelries that obviously costed more than all of our properties combined; and a man in a black suit - the mansion's owners and my Mom's employers, the Haydens - greeted us as we entered the hall.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Hayden," my Mom acknowledged the couple who smiled at her in return.

"Hello Julie," the woman politely answered and then turned to me, her eyes looking kindly into my own. "Is this your daughter? What's your name again dear?" she asked me.

"Uh, hello Ma'am, I'm Carli. It's nice to see you again," I said politely and held my hand out to her.

"Yes, yes. We have met a couple of times before, right? And I must say, you've grown to be a very beautiful young lady ," Mrs. Hayden gushed, making me blush. Let's just say that receiving compliments isn't just my forte.

I took a short trip down memory lane and tried to recall the times we've met. They used to pass by our old house a few times before when they come to the city to check on their business. I also remember they had a son who was my age, who I used to have a crush on. I wasn't sure, that was a long time ago. I couldn't even remember his name.

"Yes Ma'am. And thank you."

"Very polite, too. Are you in high school now?"

I simply nodded in answer.

"Same as our boy Nicholas!" she said, beaming at me. "He studies at Cross High."

So, my memory was right. And Nicholas was the boy's name, alright.

"Carli will be attending Cross too," Mom answered on my behalf.

I let them talk and opened my phone to check some texts. When there wasn't, I switched it off and slipped it in my purse.

Their conversation was cut short when the chef announced dinner. They have a chef for crying out loud! Mrs. Hayden ushered us towards the dining hall, which turned out to be very grand-looking like every part of the house.

"I'll just call Nicholas so we can start dinner," Mrs. Hayden announced. She was about to leave when my Mom called her.

Her next words caught me in shock. "Carli can do that, Mrs. Hayden. Right, honey?" she said and looked at me, sending a message through her eyes. I knew for a fact that she doesn't take no for an answer. Since that left me with no choice, I stood from my seat and turned to Mrs. Hayden.

"Of course," I said and smiled at the woman.

"That's so nice of you, dear. His room is first one to the right. 2nd floor," she said. I nodded, remembering her instructions, silently hoping I wouldn't get lost in this house which looked more like a labyrinth to me than a home. With a mansion as big as this, I wonder how they don't get lost.

Without any delay, I made my way upstairs, taking in the grandness of the house.

I wandered along the corridors until I reached the room I was looking for. I was about to knock when suddenly, numerous questions swarmed my head.

How does he look now?

Is he handsome?

Cute?

Tall?

Short?

My mind suggested different pictures of him that I've almost forgotten the main reason why I was there, standing in front of the tall wooden door, looking at it like it bore a significance in my life.

After regaining consciousness, I finally knocked. To my dismay, nobody answered. I knocked again, harder this time, yet still no answer. My patience grew thin after a series of unanswered knocks.

Rolling my eyes, I did the next best option: I opened the door without permission only to find myself in the biggest room I've ever seen in my entire life.

A big flat screen TV was placed on the center with an XBox and other gaming devices installed and built underneath it. Small couches for movie viewing were spread across the floor. Hundreds of books of different genres were neatly arranged in the in-built bookshelf on the wall. And the most amazing part of the room was what seemed like a center stage, where a complete set of drums and several wicked-looking guitars were hung.

Wow. I begin to question if I was still alive because I'm quite sure I was already in heaven.

My daydreaming was interjected with shuffling noises coming from behind me. I made a quick turn and came face to face with an en suite bathroom - my jaw dropping as a figure emerged from it.

He was a fine set of toned muscles until he turned and I finally saw his face. And right there, standing in front of me, with a confused look on his face, was the most handsome guy I have ever laid eyes on in my entire 17 years of existence.

The thing was- he was wearing a pink pair of Mickey Mouse pajamas.

And would you call me weird when I say he looked a thousand times hotter in them?

First chapter! I hope you still want to read it. LOL. Thanks for reading!