HMFF24-Hide and Seek

Chapter 24...Hide and Seek

It turned out that the reason Sadie wasn't eating was partly because of her extreme acid reflux. Dr. Stevens decided to keep her at the hospital until this whole thing was settled out. I stayed with her. I just couldn't leave her. So not only did I have Sadie, I also had Shane to watch over.

My little girl was so small already, I couldn't bare seeing her waste away. Though each day she gradually made some progress.

"Danielle what are you still doing here?" One of the nurses asked me one night.

"I can't make myself leave her, I know the doctors say she's going to be okay, but I just can't make myself go," I stated sighing rubbing my head. I knew I looked like a wreck. My hair was in a messy ponytail, and luckily Dawson had brought me some clothes.

"Well you can't forget about Shane while you worry about Sadie. And what about Hudson?" She asked.

"Shane's asleep, and I tend to him whenever he's awake. While Hudson is with Dawson so everything is alright," I replied.

"But are you okay?" She asked. By the look on her face I knew she was truly worried about my mental health.

I never thought about it before. It was hard caring for twins by yourself. I've been so busy I haven't really worried about myself.

"Yeah, I'm okay just a little tired," I replied honestly.

"Well don't wear yourself out," she stated.

I decided to take this time to text Dawson and see how things were at home. I knew he was still awake, neither of us could sleep, and the lightest noises woke us up.

(How's the fort holding up!)

Two seconds later I got a text from Dawson.

(Things are good, We miss you three terribly. Hudson sleeps with me every night. The house feels empty without you.)

I almost cried. I miss him too.

(Hospital's not that comforting either. I can't sleep, we miss you guys too. I can't wait till Sadie can come home. Which if she keeps growing, and holding down the good we should be able to come home soon!)

I looked down at sleeping Shane. How could he be so content? I bet you're wondering why I have him with me. Well when they took Sadie in Shane started crying. He wasn't used to not being with his twin. But when we brought him to the hospital when we visited Sadie he stopped crying. It was like he didn't want to leave her side either. It was weird, but it was just more convent to keep him with me.

(Dawson's P.O.V.)

I took Hudson to the park to play, and so I could clear my mind. I had so many thoughts running through my head. I missed Danielle. I also missed holding my daughter in my arms, and rocking her to sleep at night. I missed taking mid day naps with Sadie from staying up all night with her the night before.

"Daddy, when is Mama and the twins coming home?" he asked confused.

"Hopefully soon Buddy," I stated holding back tears. God I missed them so much. I don't even know how I got by, being by myself so many years.

"Daddy let's play," Hudson stated.

"Hudson, Daddy's tired. He's just going to watch you play," I replied. Hudson pouted, and I could tell he was about to pitch a fit.

"I don't like you Daddy! You're mean!" He yelled and then he ran off. I got up to chase after him. He had went to the playground equipment. The problem was there were so many kids I lost him in the process.

"Hudson, come here, Daddy will play," I stated trying to get him to come to me. I searched for ten minutes. He was nowhere to be found.

"Hudson!" I yelled. Still no response. I looked in all of the jungle gym equipment. Not a trace.

I got my phone out to call the police. The line was busy.

You've got to be kidding me!

I called my dad and he answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" he replied.

"Dad I've lost Hudson!" I replied frantically.

(Danielle's P.O.V.)

I was feeding Sadie when I heard my phone go off. It was a text message. I clicked on my phone it was an unknown number. I read the message and then froze.

(If you want to see you're son again alive, you'll divorce your husband!)

I was worried was someone going to come get Shane from me? Then it hit me, Hudson.

(Who is this?)

There was no answer to my reply. It scared me, so I called Dawson. He answered on the first ring.

"Hello ?" he questioned. His was a little frantic. I knew that wasn't a good sign.

"Dawson please tell me Hudson's with you," I stated scared.

"Danielle I lost him at the park," he replied. "Don't worry we have a search party out for him."

"Dawson we have bigger problems than search parties," I stated extremely unnerved now.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes!" he shouted and then the line went dead.