#8 - Who am I?

Hanabi Fukunada POV

It was the first time when that dream came across my mind. The dream of a light flashing before my eyes and the loud beep from a car could be heard from a distance. I couldn't move as if I was paralyzed and scared. I dreamt that I was hit by a car while someone came to me, saying, "Are you alright?" and those words kept on echoing in my ears that made me sweat in fear. I couldn't see the face of that person but It felt real as if I've been in that situation before.

It was 4 days later when I felt like Yawazaki- I mean Yamato and I become close. Especially with that part that he allowed me to call him by his first name. But he should be calling me by my first name too... I wonder if he'll call me Hanabi from now on.

I stand up from my bed and get ready for school

It didn't take long for me to get ready as I grab a piece of bread.

"By the way, where's Kei-Nissan?" I asked mom.

"He went out earlier. Why?" Mom said.

"Nothing.." I answered.

I opened the door of my apartment. "I'll be going now." I said.

"Be careful on your way." Mom said.

Then again, Yamato and I both stepped outside at the same time. We even have the same toasted bread in our mouth. He looked at me as if he doesn't expect me to come out at the same time as his. He gave me a smile. "Morning." He walked pass me after flicking my forehead.

Holy... I can feel my heart beat.

But today we walked together to school, I don't feel awkward at all. As usual, his hands are in his pocket while his eyes are locked in the road and he won't even talk about anything.

People started to gossip about us being together. saying, "Are they dating? It's so unusual to see Yamato Yawazaki with a girl." it was ridiculous that I hoped it won't turn into a rumor.

I just hate these people who starts gossiping about two students going to school together. I hope they won't get the wrong Idea.

I shook my head as I hugged my bag and charged faster ahead of Yamato. He only looked at me cluelessly while I ran away. It was too uncomfortable. But why was I? Why do I feel sensitive to Yamato? My own feelings are confusing me!

I sighed once I have made it inside the classroom then I would hurry my face in my arms. "Hanachii!" Mino-san hugged me from behind. I could feel her breast pressing against my back as It got me blushing like crazy. "M-Mino!" I said.

"I feel like there's something you should tell me about." she grin in front of my face.

"wh-what do you mean?" I stuttered.

"Come on! Don't be shy~" she grabs my arm. "It seems like there's something going on with you two." she added.

"Yamato?" I asked.

"WAAAH you even call him by his first name!" She blushed. "Are you two dating?" She moved her face closer to mine.

"No.. it's not what you think."

"Oho~ Don't you dare lie to your bestfriend Hanachii!" She said.

Yamato walked inside the room as I avoided my eye contact and grab my cheeks. Mino-san chuckles as she went back to her seat once Ari-sensei stepped inside the classroom. Ari-sensei smashed the book on her desk that made us all quiet. "Alright! Enough chit chat. I'm sure the majority of you know what day today is."

Everyone was confused. She pulled out test questionnaires from her envelope while smiling in front of the class. "Today is the day of your first quiz in math!" she said. Everyone was shocked as we were not prepared for the quiz, including me!