7.14. Shattered Hearts

Start from the beginning

He added lowly before leaving the room, I know Dad! I know you are blaming yourself for whatever happened to Hussain. I know you are broken inside too... but you wont show it to us.

"Mom!"

"Ji beta!"

"Mom! ap dad ko kahiye ga k wo pareshan nah on, mein hoon na yahan Hussain k pas wo do din mein theek ho jaye ga, mein theek ker doon ga sab bus Dad bekar mein guilty feel na Karen. There is none of his fault in all this"

She touched my face affectionately. "I know you will set everything right Shehry! I know...." And with that she quietly got up and walked out of the room.

Heaving up a deep sigh I stepped out of the room and headed upstairs, me and Hussain were sharing room with Waqas and as he was out of town so it was a huge ass room too much for us two. I walked up to the room and pushed the door back.

Finding Hussain rummaging through the suitcase while a couple of wheeler were placed on the bed; open and things scattered out from them.

"Oye khotey de putter! Ae ki ker ra hea?" I marched towards him but he didn't respond, kept on throwing clothes out from the suitcase as if trying to find his life out of it...

"Oye kera tera oxygen mask gawach gaya hea? ki kaali pai vi ae?" I kept on asking but he ignored me, his forehead tensed with a thousand frowns and I finally grabbed his wrist stopping him.

"What happened bro! what are you trying to dig out?"

"My diary" he uttered and my grip around his wrist loosened as I looked here and there trying to be normal.

"Uh- diary? What diary? Which diary?"

"Shehry! My diary, I can't find it anywhere." He once again looked down and picked up the other wheeler putting it on the bed he unzipped it and was about to throw more mess in the room when I spoke...

"I gave it to Tehreem"

His hands automatically stopped moving and his head spun up, his eyes a little wide with disbelief as he gawked at my face and I pressed a cheeky smile.

Tu to gaya Shehry aj! Inna lilahi wa inna ilaihi ra'jioon

"what?" he exclaimed a gasp disbelievingly and I rolled my eyes, trying to sound normal.

"Come on bro! its not that big deal, I just thought...

"Shehry! stop kidding and return my diary" he cut my through, his expressions meant business. I was deep in shit.

"am not kidding I can not... am not married yet Hussain! haram haram!! Astaghfirullah!!!" I touched my ear lobes pretending oblivious to the anguish he was going through but the next moment my eyes widened as Hussain kicked the wheeler hard making all the clothes rolled off it, with it crashing on the floor.

"Oh teriiii khair!"

"Stop with your stupid jokes Shehry! and return my diary" he screamed pointing his index threateningly at me and I raised my palms up defensively.

"Okay okay! relax bakri! Dekh am not joking I gave your diary to Tehreem last time when we....

"Why?" he grumpily cried at my face, not letting me complete my statement. "why did you do that? It was mine, you were not supposed to give it to anybody and specially her... tujhey nai dikhata tha mein kabhi wo, or tu ne....

He trailed off as he rack his fingers through his hair in frustration, his teeth gritted and face tensed as he once again kicked the suitcase hard.

"You refused to talk to her, clear things out so I thought....

I stopped in the middle as he glared at me, making me shut up for a while but then I rolled my eyes.