Chapter 26

"So do you want to eat in or out?" Clyde grabbed the money off the counter and placed it in his pocket. We had come home and taken a shower, not together ofcourse, and we were currently standing at the dining room table.

I really had to think about the question he asked. I was feeling pretty tired to go out, but then again we were in HAWAII. My shower helped me to push the thoughts of our almost kiss to the back of my mind and I was now thinking about other matters.

But wasn't it the most ironic and cliche thing that my mom had called right in that moment? The coincidence was too strong really. Alex, focus. Eat in or out. "Let's enjoy the night out. And dress nicer. I want to be fancy. Red if you can." I turned and headed to my room.

"Your wish is my command, my lady." He said sarcastically and I turned around just in time to see him bow.

"Ha. Ha." I joked and continued to my room. I had brought a fancy dress too, and this would be my opportunity to wear it. It was a red halter dress that didn't show much cleavage thankfully, and the back was completely open, dipping dangerously low. It stayed pretty tight along my front, flowing down at my waist like a silk gown. It was cut on the one side showing much of my right leg.

It looked designer, but I had gotten it from my aunt years ago who believed I would fill it out eventually. And eventually came. Although it was quite the elegant dress, it wasn't slutty at all and managed to look simple and chic. I wore small silver heels, that were only about 2 inches. I pulled my hair simply into a ponytail and I only wore some eyeliner and lipgloss on my face.

I looked in the full body mirror in my room. I was ready to go to a ball. I stuck my head in the air and started turning in circles, pretending I was in an actual ballroom.

"You ready yet?" Clyde knocked on my door, scaring the living pancakes out of me.

"Sorry, yeah." I nearly ran to the door, grabbing my purse and opening it. I literally gasped when I saw Clyde. My mouth hung open and I probably looked really stupid but Oh Em Gee!

He was wearing some dark jeans, a red v-neck and an open gray suit jacket. The top part of his hair was falling to the side and it wasn't a decked out look but he pulled it off so well. The jeans were nicely fitted, and you can see his arm strength through his jacket. "You look really beautiful." He cleared his throat and turned away. "We should go."

You look sexy as hell, is what I wanted to say, "Thanks. You look good too," is what came out. I couldn't help notice the pink tinge to his cheeks. I smiled. He was the most adorable thing in the world.

We grabbed a taxi and I looked out the window with eyes wide. Our time walking out of the building gave me some time to think. This definitely looked like a date. And I had made it worst by making us wear fancy clothing. Clyde found a place on his phone and told the cab driver the name. This wasn't supposed to be a date. And Clyde was the most attractive thing right now, and my mind was full and I couldn't help feel nervous, this wasn't supposed to be a date, and holy sh!t he smelled fantastic I didn't know he owned such a cologne, and crap my palms were sweaty, and this ride is taking too long and is too quiet, and maybe I should apologize for having us dress so fancy, and we should go back to the hotel and eat pizza, and I should say something we're being too quiet, is he feeling awkward, does he think this is a date, I want him too, no I don't, yes I do, NO I don't, maybe I do, why would we have a date? That would mean Dani wins, I didn't like Clyde, I did, I did not, I did and I still do, no shut up Alex, make me!

"We're here." Clyde snapped me out of my thoughts. I gulped silently and left the car. He paid and made his way to my side. The place did look really fancy and really expensive. "Well, at least it isn't our money." Clyde chuckled reading my mind.

We walked in, I made sure not to touch him at all. The place wasn't very full and I was glad. I had thought of the possibility of this being a reservation only restaurant. Clyde was walking in front of me as I self conciously tried staying slightly behind. "Hello sir. Will it be just you and your date?" The man at the counter asked. And there it was again, 'date'.

"Yeah." Clyde said casually and my heartbeat quickened. Yeah? So this is a date? Or did you just not correct him?

We sat down at the table and he handed us the menus. I opened mine and looked at it with so much interest. My face felt super hot, and I didn't want to show him. "Alex." Clyde said and I looked up, despite myself.

"Yeah?"

"Why are you freaking out right now?" He turned his head slightly sideways when he looked at me. I guess I should have figured he would notice.

"I'm not." I looked at him innocently, but I knew my lie had not even fazed him.

"What's wrong?" He asked firmly. There was no way in hell I would be telling him what was wrong.

"Nothing." He just looked at me. I sighed. "I'm just feeling selfconcious in my dress." I smiled on the inside at how quickly I pulled that out.

"Bullsh!t." He said almost immediately. He doesn't know that.

"It's true." I said again, not liking how he was reading me.

"Alex, you were more than happy to put on that dress, you're not selfconcious about it. What's wrong?"

"Hello, my name is Lee and I'll be your server. Can I start you off with something to drink?" Saved by the server.

"Can you give us a couple of minutes?" Clyde didn't take his eyes off of me. Damn him.

"Ofcourse." Lee said and walked off. Clyde just looked at me. Should I really tell him? No. I shouldn't. And he can't make me.

"Alex. I will get up and leave you here if you don't tell me." His eyes bore into mine with sincerity. Damn him to hell.

I sighed loudly, very loudly. "Fine. I just." I paused. This wasn't like me to admit. "I felt weird because, I hadn't realized how much of a date this is." I mumbled but I knew he heard me.

"Is a date with me really that bad?" I looked up at him to see him smirking, but his green eyes looked sad.

I sighed again, "That's the thing." I put my head down on the table, getting hotter than a stove on high, "I wanted this to be a date." I mumbled again, and knew he heard again.

He put his hand on my arm and I looked up, in all my shameful reddened face. "I wanted this to be a date too." That brought butterflies to my stomach but I managed to sit up, still redder than Clifford the big red dog.

He wanted to date me too.

We finished eating and the bill wasn't extremely expensive. $51.62 which was expensive, but the food was so good it could have easily been over $100.

"I'll never eat again." I patted my belly as we sat in the cab.

"I know what you mean." Clyde burped. I just laughed and he joined me.

"I have to pee."

"I guess it's true." I looked at him with a questioning face as to ask 'What's true?' "You do have a squirrel's bladder." He smirked.

"Ha. Ha." I leaned over and poked him in his dimple.

"Poke me again, and I'll tickle you until you pee in that pretty little dress of yours."

"You wouldn't." I smiled even though I was seriously questioning his promise. He couldn't.

"Poke me and find out." There was no humor in his voice, but he smirked and turned his head, facing his pokable dimple at me.

"No thanks." I said sadly. His threat made me really want to, but I had to pee so badly, and I would probably pee from laughing at him trying to tickle me.

"That's what I thought." We made it back and headed into the hotel. There were hardly any people around. We got to our room/house/appartment thing, and the moms still weren't back.

"Those people know how to have a good time." I said looking at the wall clock. It was 11:22. My mom usually was an early sleeper. But then again her and Brenda were like best friends forever omg, lol, brb, and ttyl. That's how I looked at their friendship.

"I know, I'm already tired." Clyde yawned. We made our way to our rooms.

"Hey, wait right here!" I said as we got to my door. I went in, closed it almost all the way and ruffled through my suitcase. I never truly unpacked it fully. I found the black sketchbook and grabbed it running back to the door, keeping it behind my back. "Today was fun." I smiled genuinely at him.

"Yeah. I'm glad we managed to make up." He was leaning against the door frame, and leaning forward, flashing me his white smile.

"Here." I literally shoved the sketchbook into his chest where he didn't have the chance to see it but grab it before falling. I then slammed the door, yes actual slamming, in his face and locked it.

I don't know why that gesture embarrassed me, but I couldn't face him after he got it. I really hoped he liked it although I wouldn't be able to even hear his thank you after slamming the door into his face.

I went into the bathroom connected to my room, and peed my heart out. I washed my face and changed into my pajamas and went into my bed, I thought my mind would be too full to go to sleep but I managed to sleep after about 1 second of trying.