Chapter 2.

I was born into a normal family. Two parents, a brother and a sister. My grandma used to tell me all the time that when I was born that I would only let my mother hold me. She said that when my mother was at work I would scream and cry until she came home. I was told I was a picky child, I would only let certain people hold me or hug me or come near me.

My siblings aren’t like me. Austin, my oldest sibling was an outgoing and playful kid. My sister, Jordan was a sick kid, she had heart disease that ran in the family. It never stopped her from being a rowdy child though. She was strong.

My life started out perfectly normal, but then, Jordan broke. At the young age of four, Jordan woke in the middle of the night and asked my mom for some milk to drink. My mom said she should have water, but Jordan was consistent with wanting milk, so finally my mom agreed. Jordan climbed up on the kitchen table while waiting for my mom to get her some milk. My mom had her back turned when she heard something hit the floor. She quickly turned around and saw Jordan laying on the floor. She ran over to her, screaming for my father, Jordan wasn’t breathing. My mother quickly called 911 while my father gave her CPR. She still wasn’t breathing. No heartbeat. The ambulance came and they tried CPR also, nothing was working. Once they got her to the hospital they shocked her with the paddles, nothing was working, they finally had to pronounce my big sister dead. My sister was dead. The doctors told my parents that she was contracting ammonia and that set off her heart disease and it caused a heart attack. They said that even if they were in the room when it happened they wouldn’t have been able to save her. She was gone, forever.