Chapter Eleven

"Hm, this turned out pretty well," Beca murmured to herself. Today was a rehearsal free day so Beca decided to make the most of it by finishing some of her mixes that had been in her computer for awhile. She spent the past few hours on her laptop and didn't realise that it's already dark outside. Beca has her eyes fixed on the screen, when finally figuring that she is finally satisfied with how the mix turned out she tapped on her keyboard for a bit more to save her work. As her cursor was hovering above the 'save' button, she heard a knock on the door. Beca squinted her eyes, who could possibly be here? Kimmy Jin was out with her japanese friends, which surprised Beca, since she always thought the girl only befriends Koreans. Chloe was watching the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory, and Beca already made it clear to the girl that she wanted no part of it. So who could it possibly be, Beca knows herself that she isn't exactly the most popular girl on campus, and she hardly has any friends, especially the ones that Beca is comfortable enough to hang out with.

Beca stood up and dragged herself to the door, and she sees a very unamused Stacie standing in front of her. Without saying a word, Stacie walked pass Beca and sat on her bed, she fluffed the pillow and leaned her head on it, then she turned her head to face the confused brunette.

"Hello there, please come in," Beca said sarcastically and walked towards her best friend, she has seen this face before, it's not a "Fuck you Beca, I hate you forever" face, it's more of a "WTF do you think you're doing hobbit" look, it sounds the same but there's a difference between this, the latter giving Beca more chance of living.

"Sooooooo," Beca started, "What brought you here?"

Stacie just glared at Beca, and Beca imitated her best friend's action, she was sure that she did nothing wrong, so Stacie was probably just mad at something ridiculous.

They stayed like this for awhile until Stacie gave a sigh and softened her expression,"You know you both need to stop being this fucking oblivious right?"

"What are you saying?" Beca asked with a frown, she never saw this comment coming, she just assumed that she forgot sharing taco bell with the taller girl, when it comes to taco bell, she never shares, and it sometimes annoys Stacie.

"You and Chloe." Stacie replied with an exhausted look on her face.

"And why would you ask that?" Beca sat straight and asked cautiously.

"Your crush on her, DUH." Stacie rolled her eyes and grabbed a candy that was laying on Beca's desk, she got rid of the wrapper and popped the rounded sweet right into her mouth. Beca smirked at this action but it faded away once she processed what the taller girl just said.

"What crush? I don't have a crush on her, well... maybe a celebrity crush, like the one I have with Beyonce, like who can not love Beyonce she is literally the queen of the world," Beca rambled on, and yet she couldn't help but feel her face flushed red. "Stace she is my best friend, like you and I, you don't think I have a crush on you right, oh please don't answer it, I don't have a crush on you, sorry to crush your dreams like that, ugh I said crush so many times I find myself annoying," with that, Beca groaned in frustration and buried her face in her tiny hands.

Stacie put her hands around Beca's shoulders, "Well, for a girl who claims she has no feelings for a best friend, you seem to be self defending your guts a few seconds ago. The Beca I know, would just scoff and throw me a sarcastic comment or maybe even a punch." Beca laughed at the last part of the sentence, and glanced at the laptop next to her, Stacie noticed and looked at the screen as well, then a thing on the desktop caught the taller brunettes attention, a folder, with the name Chloe. Stacie looked back at the brunette, who remained silent, she removed her hands from Beca's shoulders and squeezed her hand, "May I?" Beca froze but then nodded stiffly, she knew what Stacie saw, but who's she kidding, she kind of wanted Stacie to see it.