Chapter 19 iAm a Fool

Start from the beginning

“Back the hell off, Brewer,” Talon ordered, his eyes flashing. “This is between me and Keeley.”

Zach’s nostrils flared. “There is no you and Keeley.”

“I wouldn’t be too sure about that,” Talon instantly shot back.

Keeley’s body went still at his words. Did he really think they could have a relationship? That they could pick up where they left off even though he lied to her?

“What is that suppose to mean, Harrington?” Zach growled.

“Exactly what you think it means,” Talon countered, his expression turning smug.

Zach took a threatening step toward him. “You better have not laid a hand on her!” 

Talon straightened his shoulders, drawing himself up to full height. “I only did what she wanted me to do,” he taunted, flashing Zach a lazy grin.

Keeley gasped. Did he really just say that? Did he really just insinuate that they had sex? They hadn’t even kissed yet! Keeley’s blood started to boil. How dare he! Not only had he lied about his identity but now, he was lying about their relationship. Keeley drew in a deep breath, trying to calm her growing rage.

“My sister wouldn’t have stooped to your level,” Zach sneered.

“You’d be surprised what you’re sister is willing to do,” Talon goaded in a knowing tone, his posture full of arrogance. 

At those words, Keeley’s control snapped. “Excuse me?” she interrupted, her voice low and calm, belying her fury.

Startled, both boys looked over at her in surprise having forgotten that she was even there.

Talon’s face paled as soon as he realized what he had implied. “That came out wrong.” 

“What came out wrong?” she spit out, each word filled with icy rage. “The insinuation that I’m some sort of slut that begged for your attention? Or I’m a tramp that will perform whatever sexual acts you desire?”

Talon visibly flinched at her verbal assault. “You know that’s not what I meant. I would never say that about you.”

Keeley’s eyes narrowed into small slits. “I don’t really know what you would or wouldn’t say, JT,” she snarled, emphasizing his name. “And a piece of advice? Acting like a dick, won’t make yours any bigger.”

“Burn dude,” Zach snickered.

Talon’s mouth thinned into a small line. “I know you’re pissed baby doll,” he said through clenched teeth, “but don’t think I’ll lay down and allow you take cheap shots at me.”

“You don’t allow her to do anything!” Zach yelled before Keeley could respond. He took another threatening step toward Talon, both his hands curled in tight fists.

Keeley looked uneasily between the two, feeling the testosterone level rise. She had a feeling the situation was starting to get out of control. A few other people on the station platform must have felt the same way, because they backed away from the trio, giving them a wide berth.  

“I suggest you shut the hell up, Brewer,” Talon snarled, closing the distance between the two.

“Why don’t you make me, Harrington?” Zach challenged, the glint of masculine arrogance reflected in his eyes.

In that instant, Keeley knew the situation had just gone from bad to volatile. Zach wasn’t one to back down from a fight and she had a feeling neither was Talon. Both boys were alpha males who wouldn’t let a challenge to their ego go unchecked. If she didn’t do something quick, fists would be flying and who knew how bad it could get.