01 | those eyes

SHE LOOKS AWAY before those eyes can meet her eyes across the school hall. She is a little too familiar with them. After all, it were those irises she drowned in for six long months. She was suffocating, gasping each day, every second for a minuscule of hope that might save her from the beholder of those beautiful, terribly beautiful gold eyes.

Gold. That had been her favorite colour before she fell for him. Gold embodies dreams, and purity, and a royal richness that wasn't easily found in others. For her, gold personified him and she fell for his golden eyes, the way they seemed to burn with a lively fire that seeked to conquer every corner of this world.

But never did her mind conjure up the thought that maybe, those fiery gold eyes would burn and scathe every inch of her naked body.

She fell for the way his eyes would crinkle at the corners when he laughed. Laughed at her poor jokes. She knew that he knew that her attempts at jokes were not funny at all. But he laughed anyway.

She fell for the way his arms would hold her, how she fit in a little too perfectly in them, like they were sculpted just to make her feel at home. She felt safe in his embrace, like he was her warrior. But little did she know that these very limbs would become her cage, imprisoning her, and she would have nowhere left to go.

She fell for his voice; the sweet and vicious melody which assured her he would be there to fight her demons with her.

She fell for the way he kissed her, how his lips seemed to move in sync with hers, how they made her feel come alive, how they sent a sizzling sensation through her veins.

But she didn't know this. She didn't know that those lips would leave marks on her pale body, that those sensations would consume her inside out.

She fell for him. The way he seemed perfect; perfect for her. She fell for the version of herself that she was when she was with him. She fell for him because he made her feel that she was something, something to be treasured.

But, never did she imagine him becoming her biggest fear, her most ferocious monster. And that she would be shackled by the chains of love, impaired to do anything, much less defend herself.

He was this enigmatic force that lured and pulled you in. You wouldn't realise you were drowning until you were in too deep. You wouldn't wake up until the remaining filaments of sanity were just out of the grasp of your hands. Not until you would scream voiceless screams that would fall upon deaf ears and speak hollow words that made no sense to them, or even to you.

He was her catastrophe.