Chapter 2: Destiny's Ascent part 2

Sarah's next class was only a few doors down. She arrived at room 229 - Earth Science taught by Mrs. Hartley. Sarah walked past the turtle aquarium and sat down at her assigned desk. After a few minutes of class, she quickly realized the only thing interesting in the class was Mrs. Hartley's turtle. The turtles living area looked like a love child of mid-evil times and a Rain forest. Sarah stared at the turtle crawling around the castle in its hybrid environment and started to daydream about Romeo and Juliet―while Mrs. Hartley's words just seemed to mash together. Sarah fidgeted in her chair and constantly looked at the clock. Each minute that passed seemed to stretch out longer than the last and the clock eventually seemed to stop. Sarah left out a sigh of relief when the bell rang. She gave a kick to the chair in front of her, waking up Robert. "Glad to see I'm not the only one bored in this class." She whispered. Robert smiled in embarrassment, exhausted from last night's celebration.

Sarah walked out the door. She went to her usual meeting spot at the stairwell and waited for Cindy. She spotted Cindy walking down the stairs from the 3rd floor and waved at her. They walked down to the first floor together. "Well, I hope I did last night's homework right." Cindy said worryingly.

"I hope you did too, so you didn't waste your time last night."

"I think...I saw that new boy you were talking about, coming out of the room across from me."

"You did?" Sarah said with deep interest.

"I think so." Cindy said.

"Did you get a good look at him?"

"Yes I did, he is cute. I can see why you've wanted to talk to him."

"Are you sure it was him?" Sarah asked.

"Yea, it was cute seeing how awkward and lost he was. You could tell he was new."

They arrived at their Algebra class, sat down and placed the homework on their desk. Mrs. Emerson walked around the class collecting them. Five problems were written on the board and needed to be solved while homework was being corrected. The class quickly got their pencils out and started to work on them. Neither Cindy nor Sarah seemed troubled by the equations and had plenty of time to spare before Mrs. Emerson finished checking the homework.

Sarah held up her homework to show Cindy her score, she got 26 out of 30 correct. Cindy smiled and showed her paper to Sarah, she got all 30 of them right. Sarah gave her a thumb up. When the bell rang, the students handed in the equations.

"For those of you who didn't finish the problems, please do them at home and have a wonderful day."

Cindy and Sarah met in the hallway, "Good job, I guess I should have spent a little more time on my homework like you. And you were worried." Sarah chuckled.

"Well, I need to go to my locker."

"Okay Sarah, I'll see you after school."

"I'll see you later." Sarah said as they broke off.