p r e l u d e

D E D I C A T I O N

This story is dedicated to every one of you, because there is not a single human in this world who isn't fighting. Fighting to survive, to live and, to love.

There will be somedays, as there must have been before too, when getting out of bed will be the hardest thing to do, but you will get up, because you are strong. Because you can overcome these battles, that at the time seem to be engulfing you, but when you have survived and thrived, they will seem minuscle to you as you see the beauty of the bigger picture.

This is a message to all of you, don't be afraid, don't ever lose hope, because its all worth it in the end.

And yeah, take chances. Always.

S Y N O P S I S

Scarlett Young is a wallflower. Everbody looks at her, yet nobody knows her.
So when she is declared dead, everybody is showing sympathy for the girl they never talked to, the girl they never laughed with, but laughed at.
But when the first person gets the letter, he roams the halls in a haunted state. And soon more letters turn up, one each for every person in her life.

They will know her story now, her truth.

W A R N I N G

This story in no way promotes or romanticizes body-shaming, bullying, drugs, self-harm, and suicide.

This book is just a work of fiction that hopes to create awareness towards the devastating effects of bullying, stereotypes, drugs, and the such.

These things are prevalent in every walk of life, albeit in different forms.
However, in high schools, these have calamitous effects pertaining to the young impressionable minds of young adults that are just stepping out into the world. Being crushed under peer pressure, teenagers often resort to extreme measures, either to please their counterparts, or get rid of the guilt that is consuming them because of their conscience.

I hope to make people realise that these things have massive effects and should not be alleviated more. Instead, we all, as one, should work towards abolishing them all and *in the voice of the king, Michael Jackson* make this a better place to live in.

T H A N K Y O U

I want to thank every one of you beforehand; for without the readers, there is no author.

S T A T U S

completed

C O P Y R I G H T

all rights reserved © 2016 kavya

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the permission of the author.

D I S C L A I M E R

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

[ Do not steal my work. I have put a lot of thought into it and hold this story dear to me. Please respect that. ]