Chapter 5

Jayden's POV
--------------------

I woke up with my head lying on something hard. I raised my head and saw I was lying on Happy. I moved away quickly, too quickly. I froze hoping I didn't wake him. When his eyes didn't open I sighed in relief and got out of the bed to take a shower.

Happy's POV

I woke up cold. My eyes opened and I scanned to room for Jayden but didn't see her.

I sat up then heard the shower running. She better not use all the hot water.

I laid there for a while enjoying the almost silence for awhile until the shower stopped and Jayden stepped out dressed in only a towel. Damn she looked hot.

When she saw me looking at her, her face turned red.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize you were awake." she said turning back to go back into the bathroom.

"Don't, I have to get in there." I stated getting out of the bed.

She stopped he movement then moved out of my way when I passed her.

Jayden's POV

When the bathroom door closed with Happy on the other side I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

I didn't know how long he would be in there so I acted as quickly as I could; drying off and getting dressed.

Happy came out- as I was putting my wet hair into a high ponytail- with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

I looked at him, my mouth opening slightly as I looked at his chest and tattoos.

"You starin' for a reason." he growled.

My face heated up and I swear I probably looked as red as a tomato, "No." I squeaked and rushed out of the room to the kitchen.

"Well you're about as red as a tomato." I jumped and a small scream escaped my lips.

"Oh Gemma its just you." I said trying to calm myself.

"Yeah it's just me, so what happened to turn you this red."

"Nothing."

She laughed "Sure." then walked out if the kitchen sipping her coffee.

I finished my coffee with a bagel and left the clubhouse.

I need to go to work today, almost everyone else is sick so if I don't show up its almost certain I'll get fired.

I made to the end of the lot before I was stopped.

"You can't leave." an unfamiliar prospect said to me.

"Why not?"

"I'm on orders not to let any of the women leave without a patched member."

I rolled my eyes and went to the office, surely Gemma can help me.

"Gemma please go tell the guard dog outside that I can leave."

"I'm sorry sweetie I can't, you either leave with a patch or not at all."

"Okay then who's not busy I need to get to work."

"I think Happy is free." she smirked, I knew what she was up to.

"Gemma don't start trying to play matchmaker."

"I don't know what your talking about." I shook my head smiling slightly as I left.

I made my way to the back of the clubhouse where to the dorms where. I stepped inside the one I stayed in last night but there was no sign of Happy. Great, I'm going to be late and probably going to get fired.
I decided then that a little lie would hurt and then maybe I'll only be a few minutes late instead of an hour or more.