The Awakening

Audiobook format of this chapter:

https://youtu.be/94aUB5xyYxw

--------------------------------------

After Harry saw Severus Snape fall to the ground inside of the 'haunted house', he was anxious to run over to the deadly wounded man. As soon as Voldemort and Nagini left, Harry leapt up towards the fallen Slytherin. It was as if Severus' eyes gleamed as he saw the young man who ran up to him. "No, you cannot die!" Harry shouted and began to cry.

"Harry Potter...the boy who lived...the golden boy of Gryffindor... And the heir of the snakes." Severus groaned as his body began to turn limp.
Harry leaned over the dying body of his former potions teacher and began to cry, fingers gripping onto the black cape of the man, tears rolling down his cheeks. All of the sudden, Harry could feel the familiar touch of magic against his face, and he looked down. Harry gasped as he saw that the wound was almost fully healed.
Harry pulled his wand out of his pocket and pointed it at Severus' neck and began to trace over the mark with slow movements as he chanted " Vulnera Sanentur" three times in a row, healing the wound and replenishing the lost blood. Harry bendt down and kissed Snape on the forehead. "Stay here for now ." He said with concern. Severus was too weak to object, so he let Harry go, but a tear, a normal tear, filled with deep sorrow rolled from the older man's eye, rolling over his cheek and wetting Harry's hand which was holding the principal's head up. Harry let go of the man and rose to his feet, wand in hand.

A few hours later, Hagrid; red and puffy from tears, carried the dead body of Harold James Potter in his large arms. Students, DA members, teachers, people of the order; they all shouted in fear and sorrow as Voldemort laughed maniacally. The Dark Lord pressed the elder-wand to his throat and spoke. "The Boy Who Lived, is dead! Harry Potter was slain as he tried to flee the castle, leaving you all to die!" Voldemort smiled at the Death Eaters at his side, his smile faltering a bit as he saw that Narcissa and Lucius was gone. His smile widened again, as he thought of how he would punish them later for being absent at this important moment. Voldemort was so lost in his own evil schemes that he didn't realise that everyone on the battlefield was staring at someone who had just walked into view.
"You are lying, Tom." The person said, His dark robes ripped by his throat, bloodied and dirty. His shoulder-long, black hair was sticking to his neck and two large, fresh scars were practically glowing on his throat. Severus Snape was scowling at Voldemort with his scariest teacher-look. Voldemort felt uneasy, not able to understand how the wizard had managed to survive. "Harry did not run, that idiot is way to brave. Harry is a Gryffindor in his heart, and Tom; Love is not the only power which the Dark Lord knows nothing of. Avada Kedavra is not how Harry Potter will die." As Severus uttered those words, Harry's eyes shot up, glowing in a yellowish green hue, his pupils slit like the ones of a snake.
Voldemort, unaware of the not so dead state of the young hero, had Nagini slither up beside him, ready to attack Snape again. But then another voice arose from the crowd. "We won't give up! No matter what; that is what Harry would want, that is what Harry would do!" Neville Longbottom walked up in front of the crowd. He had a gash on his forehead, with dark, crimson blood oozing from it, down into his intense eyes. "We won't follow you; I will never follow you!" He shouted to Voldemort. A loud screech was heard from above the crowds of wizards and witches and a large, red bird landed beside Neville with the sorting hat in it's talons. "Fawx?" Neville asked as he recognised the phoenix. Voldemort ignored Neville and Fawx, his eyes seeking for Snape, who had now moved closer to the Gryffindor and bird. "Nagini!" Voldemort shouted and the large snake shot towards Severus. Neville acted in instinct as he grabbed the hat and pulled out the sword of Gryffindor. With all the strength he could muster, Neville swung the sword at Nagini, cutting the head clean off the giant snake, simultaneously saving the man whom had become a gruesome force of evil to him for seven years.
The shout Voldemort emmited rung throughout the school and made Harry open his eyes again and smile. Hagrid froze and looked down at Harry. The said young man jumped out of the half-giant's arms. Voldemort was unable to do anything but stare, unable to let everything sink in.
Harry hurried over to Neville and Severus. He put a hand on his fellow Gryffindor's shoulder and smiled at his friend with pride beaming from him.
"When you tried to kill me, Tom Riddle, you did not only fail due to the love which these people," Harry gestured to everyone behind himself. "All protected me with... no, you killed you own, very last Horcrux, Tom, nothing more, and now you are also mortal." As Harry uttered those words, his eyes began glowing again and his body began to change. He became larger, longer, deadlier. His body morphed into the true form of the heir of the snakes. He had become a giant snake-like creature. He resembled a large basilisk, but he had clawed talons spurting from his chest alike a dragon. His head was circled with a mane of orange and dark grey feathers and his tail was tipped with similair ones, with two longer feathers, looking like the ones on peacocks. His smooth, scale-like skin was black with a shine of rainbows resembling a river of oil.
Harry hissed, his long teeth shining with venomous spit and his long tongue undulating from his wide mouth. Harry crawled up to Voldemort in half a second before he pressed a talon over the pale wizard, trapping him to the ground. Harry hissed at the Death Eaters and slammed into them with his long and heavy tail, making them fall over, some ending up unconscious on the ground. Harry's large snake mouth seemed to curl up into a smile as he bent down and placed his jaw over Voldemort's head. Hearing the evil wizard plea for his life only made the moment more enjoyable for the dragon as he closed his jaws.