Chapter 11: Private Meeting

Brandy, in her anger, has once again focused malicious intent toward her delicate lungs. She takes a long, deep pull from her cigarette and lets it out with a slow sigh. Ron's just as upset as Brandy is, but he would never take out his aggression on himself.

She looks to Ron, "I can't believe she denied the whole thing! Bitch has some balls, I'll give her that." She shakes her head in disgust, "It took everything I had not to punch her in the face...You know what I'd like to do right now?"

Ron hopes, "You wanna turn this car around, go back, and shoot her!"

Brandy smiles, "No, not what you would like to do! What I want to do is go get a beer!"

Ron looks to her, "Right now?"

Brandy confirms, "Yep."

He checks his watch, "At ten o'clock in the morning?"

Brandy replies, "You think it's too early?"

Ron's full of sarcasm today, "Nah."

They both laugh.

As much as Brandy would have liked to stop by her favorite bar, O'Malley's Tavern, Brandy has been summoned back to the Chief's office.

Brandy pulls the vehicle into the police station lot. They exit the car, stretch, and try to shake off the anger from their visit with Lynn Holbrook. If the Chief suspects they disobeyed his direct orders they could face suspension, or worse, they could be given desk duty.

Upon entering the station, Brandy notices Stan Neilen's desk has been torn apart. Papers and files scattered all about. Every drawer is open and Officer Neilen is on his hands and knees under the desk, searching.

Brandy approaches, "Lose something?"

Neilen stands, his face is beat red. His blood pressure has soared and he is sweating heavily. The Chief had reamed his ass and told him, 'If having the responsibility of keeping a set of keys is too difficult, maybe you shouldn't be driving in the first place!' The threat of losing his driving privileges has humbled officer Neilen.

Stan points to his desk, "My keys! I set them right there, I know it!"

Brandy pulls the keys from her pocket, "These keys?"

Stan can't believe it, "Where'd you get those?"

Brandy tosses the keys to him, "I found them lying in the parking lot!"

"Shit!" Stan tightens his face, he feels stupid for 'dropping' them outside, "Sturn, let's go."

Edward Sturns desk looks identical to Stan's, he looks up from the destroyed mess of a desk, "You got em?" He quickly rushes out the door after his partner.

Ron and Brandy look to each other and smile.

Ron shakes his head, "Like I said earlier, Page. That was fucked up!"

Brandy smirks, "Yeah, but it was fun."

Knock – knock

"Come in!" The Chiefs voice carries through the thick oak door, with it, a tone of concern.

Brandy enters, not sure what this second meeting is regarding; being called into the Chiefs office once a week is rare, but twice in one day, is unheard of.

She enters and stands by the door, waiting for the Chief to acknowledge her. Harvey is on the phone,

"Yeah. Uh huh...Okay. I'll send her your way....okay, bye." He hangs the phone up and his cheeks puff up as he lets out a large gust of air.