Chapter 3::Late Night Bites

A/N:: above you see Eric and Pam, and thank you for reading my book I appreciate it very much cx constructive criticism is always welcome.  

[abandon all нope ye wнo enter нere]

"Dawn," I groaned "These places are for people who want to bang a vampire, not for girls who recently just discovered their only paternal figure has just died and told everyone she was also dead and now she's just trying to have a good time and get drunk with her friend and forget about everything. But now her friend dragged her over to a vampire bar, where she can't get drunk because she can't afford to put her guard down and frankly vampires like to overprice everything and more than two drinks is probably out of her budget." I ranted all in one breath. Dawn looked wide-eyed at me , she probably didn't think that I would mind coming here but we're here now so there was no point in going anywhere else.

"C'mon sourpuss you'll get someone to buy a drink for you." Dawn replied indifferently as she got out of the car. Yeah someone buys a drink for me and then later on I repay their kind deed by letting them chomp down on my neck , sounds like a real good fucking deal. I sighed and leaned my head back against the car seat, I had nothing against vampires. In fact I was an avid supporter of the Vampire Rights Amendment which would give them the constitutional rights that we humans had. I believed that they shouldn't be discriminated against, I felt very passionately toward social justice issues but I know they're dangerous. Especially to my kind, vampires despised witches. They hated anything that made them vulnerable, especially when that vulnerability came from a mortal. Which is why they were excellent at sniffing us out and I already had enough supernatural trouble in New Orleans. I didn't need vampires on my ass too. A sharp tap on the window bought me back to the present."Well, you coming?" Dawn asked quite annoyed actually. I nodded, the only way they'd become suspicious of me is if I acted guilty. I reassured myself with this and stepped out of the car, reminding myself that I shouldn't worry so much. My paranoia will probably be the death of me. 

On the outside, the bar was nothing spectacular. White rectangular building with a black door and a singular boarded up black window which had a red neon sign reading Fangtasia in cursive over it. There was a red scalloped awning leading to the entrance where a line of people stood, waiting to be let inside. Dawns excitement was masked into that indifferent sexy demeanor she was so proud of. "You can't let them know you want to have sex with them, because everyone wants to. They're tired of people throwing themselves at them, you gotta give 'em a challenge." she said proudly. 

"That's real swell Dawn, real fucking swell. I'll keep that in mind when I'm banging the vampire you had your eyes on." I replied bitterly while Dawn glared at me. Honestly I was still pretty angry at the whole situation mostly because of her selfishness, and how she was unknowingly putting me in danger because of it. "If I wasn't a shy virgin I probably would because I'm petty like that. And it's kind of your fault." I added jokingly. Dawn had encouraged me to be vicious with others if they double-crossed me, as you can tell by her reaction to hearing that I stole from the rich and gave to the poor (aka myself).

Dawn laughed and then turned serious, "I can't believe you're still a virgin, you have not lived." she said shaking her head.  Actually Dawn I'm the only one who lives  I thought to myself. We were quiet after that, Dawn was probably rehearsing different scenarios in her head in order to ensure everything would go as she planned. Much like myself Dawn hated to be caught off guard, I now realized Dawn had influenced my personality the most. I was about to tell her of the little epiphany I just had when a bored voice interrupted.    

"I need to see some I.D" I looked up at the bouncer. She was blonde, her hair carefully curled and styled to look like a 1950's Hollywood starlet's hair. She was dressed in a red corset and a tight leather miniskirt which emphasized her voluptuous figure. Overall a sultry woman she regarded me with a bit of interest in her eyes which quickly vanished as I met her gaze. I pulled my I.D out from my clutch nearly dropping it in the process and handed it over to her. Her azure eyes scanned over my card for a moment before returning it to me, she did the same to Dawn before stepping to the side to let us in. "Welcome to Fangtasia." she said in a not so welcoming voice. Now the bar didn't look like much on the outside but inside you can see that it was more of a nightclub, the walls were painted a solid hot red and decorated with framed posters of popular vampire movie flicks. The east wall was home to the bar which showcased various bottles of liquor and True Blood (the synthesized human blood which nutritionally sustained vampires so they didn't have to feed off of us anymore) there were tables and booths scattered all over the club. Every piece of furniture was black. The middle though was left open, no furniture except for the platforms where the pole dancers and DJ did their thing. This exposed place would be the dancefloor and since the club had just opened, the bar and tables were the popular destinations while the dancefloor remained empty for the moment.  Dawn pouted at the north wall, I followed her disappointed gaze in place of a red wall there were red curtains which covered it. There was a stage of sorts which was empty with the exception of a singular wooden throne and a few decorative barren tress giving it more of a gothic appearance. I suspected the vampire whom Dawn was so intrigued by sat there, there were lights along the edge of the stage which were turned toward the wooden throne and despite the isolated state of the stage now, I got the feeling that only someone of authority and power sat there.