Chapter 2

A wall of music slammed into her as she walked into a large, dark room. Andi grimaced at the loudness as she looked around. Her eyes widened at the sight of the eight men scattered around the bar. Two were playing pool in the back of the bar. Andi got a good look at both of the men with help from the light over the pool table. One man was a dirty blonde, his stringy hair pulled back from his face, tied off at the back of his head. The other man's hair was salt and pepper, shorter on the sides, but longish on top. Both men looked as if they hadn't shaved in days. They both looked out of shape with thick bodies.

"Holy crap!" she breathed, a sliver of fear washing over her body. Both were wearing dingy t-shirts that looked as if they had seen better days. Each man wore a sleeveless leather vest with various patches on the back. They wore stained jeans that disappeared into scuffed black boots. Looking around the rest of the room, she noticed a group of men seated at one of the large tables, several pitchers of beer in the center of it. From what she could see, they were well built, unlike like the two men at the pool table. They were also wearing vests, only the patches that she could see looked different from those of the pool players.

Andi's eyes met the eyes of one of the men at the table; he'd been sitting facing the door and had seen her enter. His eyes seemed to hold her in place where she stood, just inside the door. He nodded toward her, his lips moving as he spoke to the other five at the table. Every one of the men turned to stare at her, their eyes sliding slowly up and down her curvy figure. She'd dressed comfortable for the long road trip home; fade, figure-hugging jeans and a white t-shirt that read "I ♥Bad Boys". Pink Nike's added a flashy pop of bright color. Her long brunette hair with cherry colored highlights was pulled back into a cascading ponytail, almost reaching her ass.

Andi's throat suddenly went dry. A low buzzing started in her head making her frown. "Oh Lord" she muttered. She broke eye contact, then turned and walked to the long wooden bar on her left. A big, burly man stood behind it, watching her come toward him. She saw the guy was older than everyone else in the room. He had a towel around his waist, protecting his dingy gray shirt and jeans. His large belly hung over the top of the towel. Andi smiled a tight little smile as she stopped at the bar in front of him.

"DO THE GAS" she started to yell over the throbbing music, "WOR..." She trailed off, the music suddenly silenced. Andi didn't turn around, but by the feel of the little hairs on the back of her neck, she knew eight sets of eyes were on her. I WILL NOT turn around, she thought. There was no way she wanted to face those men. If I don't look at them, they'll leave me alone, right? She reasoned with herself. She cleared her throat and started again.

"Um...Hi." She tried to make her smile looked relaxed. Her dad had taught her and her brothers that to show fear was an invitation to becoming a victim. He'd also taught them all how to defend themselves, something that her four brothers still worked with her on. The bartender didn't smile back, just stared at her like he'd never seen a woman before. "Do the gas pumps out there" Andi gestured in the general direction of the door, "work?" The man grunted at her, looking over her shoulder as if looking at something or someone behind her. Andi heard booted footsteps coming her way. Her body tensing, she closed her eyes, offering up a silent prayer to any higher power that would hear that whoever those boots belonged to, he'd keep on walking. The smell of an unwashed body rolled over her, and she struggled not to gag. Opening her eyes, she felt the heat of a male body behind her, almost pressing into her. She froze, as tension started to build in the room. Show no fear...Show no fear...Show no fear, she chanted to herself.