Intro

LAB 102/JUNE 16/SECTOR 11/UNITED STATES/TOPIC: THE STONE

Today is my last day. The stone's virus has reached all corners of the lab. I am the last one left, the only one to write the story.

The stone came to us two weeks ago. It was found by two mountain climbers in Asia, who decided to send it to us so we could identify it. We tested it, tried countless methods to find out its origins, and the only thing we could determine was that it was exactly two hundred years old. But a week after it came to us, the two men who brought the stone to us were found dead. We all thought it was some sort of coincidence, a freak accident, but we were wrong. Because a few days after that, most of the scientists who had come in contact with the stone were also dead. The others... They... changed. One of my closest friends started acting weirdly... and she grew what I can only call claws. 

The disease spread through the facility like wildfire. At that point it was clear that the stone held some sort of threat, so we destroyed it, but it was too late. The virus had already taken hold. Some of the scientists survived... but it was a precious few. The others are all dead. Here I sit, dying, writing this so I can warn everyone. Nobody knows how serious this is... If not controlled, this disease could anhilate almost the entire world.

Those who survive will never be the same. They will survive, but with horrible disfigurements caused by the bicentennial stone... The stone that took so many lives... The stone that destroyed the world.

(Written on June 16, 3043, almost three months before the entire world was destroyed, and the Bicentennials, the ones who mutated, took over.)