Chapter 70: Fix It

Sammie's POV
After coming back from the nurse, being avoided the whole day I was not really looking forward to after school practice. I decided I should probably talk to Derrick and ask why he's mad at me.

"Hey Derrick!" I yelled as he stretched. He sighed. "Why are you mad at me?" I asked and he crossed his arms and glared at me.

"What happened between you and Vincent?"he asked.

"I was gonna ask you why he was mad as well." I said and he sighed again.

"He won't tell me so that's how I have a hint it has something to do with you."he said. "Whatever it is you two need to figure this out."he said and I nodded as the cheerleaders came out.

I ran over their to the cheerleaders. I saw Vincent. He looked pissed.

"Vincent!" I called waving my hand to get his attention.

He glanced my way as I ran to him.

"Vincent I-" I started to say.

"Don't."he said looking down. "Listen could you just give me a break."he said and I felt like I just got stabbed in the heart.

"Ye-Yeah." I said smiling fakely.

Can't cry. Don't cry. Not in front of him. Not in front of people.

He turned away from me. "Vincent please."my voice cracked and he stopped.

"Sammie I have to practice and so do you."he said.

This was tearing me apart.

"Right." I said and turned and ran.

Stupid right. I ran straight to the bleachers. I went under them. I sat there...trying to calm myself. Trying not to cry. I saw football shoes in front of the bleachers.

Derrick not now.

But what shocked me is that it was Mason. He sighed irritatedly. Then he groaned when he saw me. But he looked at me more closely and for a second he looked like he felt bad. It pissed me off.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"I see you and Vincent hit a rough patch."he said and I glared at him. "So what happened between you two on Valentines Day?"he asked.

"Why are you trying to act Mr.Nice guy?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "Your lucky I got back in football by turning in my homework raising up my grade or I'd be so pissed I'd be punching you right now."he said sitting down in front of me.

"Oh how welcoming." I said and he glared at me.

'You and Vincent are acting really smartassy today."he said.

"Is smartassy even a word?" I asked and he huffed.

"It is now. So what happened?"he asked.

"Why would I tell you?" I snapped and he sighed.

"I just want to know what's wrong with Vincent."he mumbled.

"If you love him so much why'd you let him go?"I mumbled.

"I could be asking you the same."he said slanting his eyes.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Did he confess and you say no or something?"he asked.

I flushed and opened my mouth and then closed it. Vincent was confessing? Wasn't he. I was just so shock I-

"I knew it."he said looking at me like he was gonna kill me.

"Look I-" I started to say.

"You make no sense. Just confess already."he told me.

"It's not that easy." I said.

"Well he feels the same so what's stopping your ass?"he hissed.

My heart skipped a beat. He was right. Thinking about Vincent having the same feelings for me.

"Your right!" I said standing up numbing my head.

"Dumbass."he said.

"Why are you helping?" I asked.

"When you love someone their happiness is more important than yours even if it hurts."he said and got up slowly so he wouldn't hit his head.

"No get out my face before I rearrange yours."he said shooing me.

"How kind." I said rolling my eyes as I ran back to practice.

After practice I'll confess. Yup and then I'll fix everything.

So after practice I got changed after showering quickly so I could find Vincent.

"Hey!" I yelled and he stopped and turned.

"Sammie."he mumbled.

"I'm very sorry about last night. So please just hear me out." I breathed heavily.

He looked me up and down. "Sammie forget about what I said okay."he said.

"Wait, huh? But why?" I stared at him confused.

He took a deep breathing and exhaled. He stared at me for a moment.

"I'm sorry."he said and I looked at him more confused.

"What?" I said and he flinched.

Ah....that was the same thing I said on the ferris wheel.

"Please just forget what I said on the ferris wheel okay?"he asked looking at me.

"Vincent." I said.

"I don't want it getting in the way of our friendship. So just forget it."he said.

"Vincent!" I yelled and tears finally fell.

Why did I have to fall for him? Why....him?

"Your not fucking listening to me! Why won't you just shut up and listen! Maybe I want this to get in the way of our friendship!" I yelled and he looked at me confused.

"You make no sense."he said.

I grit my teeth. I felt like I was gonna slap him but Derrick came.

"Y'all good n-"he started to say but looked at both of us and sighed. "I guess that's a no."he said.

"Let's go." Vincent said to Derrick.

"Vin-" I started to say and he shook his head.

"I don't understand you."he said before walking away.

Fuck....

That is all for now. Yuuuup. Peace out my potatoes. And no hating on my babies Vincent or Sammie.