10

You can thank (and follow) yellowpopsicle for getting a chapter today, thank you for being so kind <3

Part of Kylie was surprised. ,
The other part was currently thinking:
Well their both evil monsters so them being related isn't that hard to believe.

"Before my father mated my mother, he was visiting Slade's fathers lands, Hyta was his name. Hyta had mated Slade's mother, Geniva. My father and her slept together. Slade was only two or three months old when Hyta found out that Slade wasn't his, and killed her. It was only a few months later when my father found my mother. Hence I was born but didn't find out about Slade until two years ago." Kylie couldn't help but feel sorry for baby Slade. Ryder took a deep breath before continuing.
"He came to my lands, I could smell some of my family in his scent, so when he claimed that he was my fathers son, I believed him. Because Slade is older and from my fathers line, it gave him a chance to take my place as alpha. I was expecting this but when he said he only wanted my loyalties, I was eager to obey. Slade has controlled me these past two years. Made sure that I kept destroying lacks and their alphas, I admit at first it was my own anger but I stopped after one pack. I saw so many horrors, but Slade wanted more death, all to be done at my hand. There is nothing I wouldn't do to protect my pack, my cooperation was keeping them safe."

A long silenced followed. Kylie sat there, the cogs in her mind going out of control.
"How much more powerful is he?" Kylie's question came as a surprise to Ryder.
"Very, he controls more land, he sometimes takes some if my warriors with him, therefore more people. Unlike me he forces very man to become a warrior, using their friends and family as "persuasion", the training methods he uses are far more brutal, I've considered every aspect of this. The only way to keep my pack safe, is cooperation."
"I disagree" Ryder scowled slightly. He was not used to this. At. All.
"Then what would you have me do?"
"Build alliances with other lands. Make an army bigger than his, stronger. By doing everything Slade says you're damaging the pack. He takes what he wants and treats you like his bitch. The lack sees this and is in constant fear of Slade. Stand up to him."

"No one will dare to make an alliance with my pack. I've got too much of a reputation"
"No, you have a big ego, explain to them about Slade, what he's making you do"
A thought entered Kylie's brain, why are you helping him?
Because the pack is in danger. Innocent people. Children.
Are you sure that's the only reason?
Well, hating Slade is another.
Oh really? So it doesn't have something to do with the fact that you can't stop feeling slightly aroused whenever he's around and-
Ryder waving his hand in front of her face cut off the mental argument she was having.
"Very well, will you help me my Luna?"
"Yes Alpha"

So I'm thinking of making a prequel in which it follows Persephone and Jax's love story, you will also find out about Ryder and his family .

Do you want a prequel?

Okay so incase you are confused:
-Ryder, on his eighteenth birthday killed his father, then his brother who was two years younger.(this isn't written in this story and will be part of the prequel)
-A few months later, Slade, at age nineteen contacts him, thus Ryder being controlled begins.
-Ryder, age twenty meets Kylie, age eighteen.

Ryder walked ahead of Kylie, his long legs and fast pace making it hard for her to catch up. They were traveling to the pack house. Despite their recent agreement, Ryder still had guards on either side of her, and following behind. As they entered the pack house, the mass of people quietened. The large room, with a dome like roof was filled to the brim. In the centre of the room, a pool of light illuminated most of the room. Ryder walked to the centre, surveying his pack. Kylie stood near him, trying inch backwards into the crowd, not wanting to draw attention to herself. A warning glare from Ryder stopped her in her tracks.

"As you all know, we have been controlled by Slade, for these past two years, living in fear, destroying packs. But no more shall we be servants to this tyrant." Ryder paused. Murmurings went through the crowds. "We shall untie with other packs, and destroy Slade. If we succeed, you will never have to watch you're husbands, brothers and sons be dragged away for a mad man's conquest. You will no longer live in fear. No longer hurt and destroy people and their lives." Ryder's chest was riding and falling heavily as he finished his speech. The pack was silent, then burst into howls and shouts. Grins spread over their faces, people ran to their families, talking excitedly.
Ryder smiled.
They were with him.
His family.

Training grounds were packed. Kylie, having been given the appropriate training clothes, which consisted of black leggings, black t-shirt and black boots, which had been left outside her room. Lilo walked next to her, tail wagging, two guards followed. The training grounds turned out to be a gigantic field cut into sections. A gun range, kickboxing arena, knife throwing course and a running track were all examples of what filled the area. Ryder stood watching as his beta, Jax and a man were fighting with their bare hands. Jax looked calm and relaxed, almost amused as he stepped back a pace, dodging a clumsy right hook from his opponent. Jax laughed as the man stumbled. Clearly the poor guy was out if his depth. Looking round, Kylie saw Persephone, she was as beautiful as ever, wearing training clothes but wasn't training. She stood in the shadows of the trees, watching Jax with a distasteful expression as the man was thrown to the floor, unconscious.

Kylie pretended to be randomly walking around the field, but she was actually heading towards Persephone. As she reached the shadows of the tree, Persephone finally saw her, drawing her eyes away from another bloody fight.
"Hey" Kylie was immediately engulfed in a hug. Persephone clung onto her shoulders for a few moments before drawing back.
"Are you okay? he didn't hurt you did he? I'm so sorry-" Kylie clamped a hand on Persephone's mouth.
"I'm fine, what about you, did Jax hurt you?"
Persephone shook her head.
"Why was he so angry?"
"I-I" She seemed to struggle for an excuse.
"Tell me"
"We are mated, he's very protective, has a lot of anger and anxiety at times, that's kinda why I'm not allowed to train"
Kylie's eyebrows drew together as thought.
"Don't worry about me,he would never hurt me, listen, he will be done fitting in a moment, if he sees you talking to me he'll tell the alpha and you might get hurt"
"Don't worry about the alpha, why would you be with him if he's like, that"
"He didn't always used to be" A small smile crossed Persephone's face.