15

"Or at least I think it's a meta. A series of explosions have gone off at the warehouse. Go check it out if you're up for it," Cisco said.
     "What is it with villains and warehouses?" I asked myself before we sped over to it. We stood outside, listening to the explosions coming from the inside. A women came out shortly after. She had long ginger hair and she was my height.
       "We just want to talk," Barry said before we got closer. She noticed us:
       "You need to go, stay away. Get away from me," she said, her voice trembling.
      "We just want to talk," I said, holding my hand out and getting closer.
        "GET AWAY!" She yelled, touching the emblems on our suits to push us out of the way. I was too distracted by my glowing purple emblem, and soon to be glowing purple suit until Barry yelled:
      "Get out of your suit.....Now!" Barry yelled before I sped out of my suit and a series of explosions occurred shortly after. When I looked up, Barry and I were in our underwear and our suits were nowhere to be found.
      "Not that I don't love the outfit choice, but we have to get back to the lab."
       "Same with you," Barry said before we sped to the lab.
        "What??----Happened??? Why are you dressed like strippers and where are the suits?" Cisco asked.
      "They....kinda.....blew up. The meta touched our suits and they exploded," I said.
      "Whoever that person was is going to pay! Those were my favorite suits! And, why did you speed back here in your underwear? I'm never going to be able to look at you two the same again. You could have gone back to your own house before coming here...How is this comfortable for you?....Only you two are supposed to see each other like this...Not me...Not anyone else....There are some spare clothes in the closet," Cisco said pointing to it. We changed and came out in the latest S.TA.R Labs apparel. 
      "You guys always have something new for us to rock. You should come out with a clothing line."
       "Her powers only occur when she comes in contact with something or someone."
     "Yes! Cisco! Spontaneous combustion on tactile contact! That's why the suits blew up when she touched them," Dr Wells said from behind the desk. "We need her here. She clearly didn't mean harm. You need to go back out there and find her. We will whip up something to dampen her powers. For now, go to CCPD and see if you can find any information there," Dr Wells said after we changed.
         "We'll go find her..."
        "Wait, no need. Facial recognitions got it. Beth San Souci. Served multiple tours in Afghanistan under General Wade Eiling...."
       "Ofcourse! That makes sense. Wade has been in Central City recently and I have a feeling it's to track down Beth. Go! Find her now!" Wells demanded before we sped out the door.
     "Traffic cams say she's walking past the Big Belly Burger towards an alley on 5th," Cisco said in my earpiece.
    "Got it, thanks Cisco." I said before Barry and I stopped in front of her in the alley and confronted her.
      "Beth....we just want to talk..."
     "Why? So you can do more tests on me and take advantage of my powers?"
      "No. We don't work for Eiling. We were affected by the accelerator as well and we know people who can help you. Just come with us and--"
      "I can't. I'll blow you up again or I'll at least screw something up."
         "We can keep you away from him and all those tests. We know he's been taking advantage of your abilities and we want to help you. Will you at least try?" I proposed. 
        "I guess..." She said before I picked her up and sped to S.T.A.R Labs, being careful for her hands.
      "Hello Mrs San Souci, pleasure to meet you," Wells said as we entered the cortex. "I'm sorry you've been treated this way by Eiling, but he's always had a thing for control. This is Caitlin and she's going to be running some tests, while Cisco has created these gloves to allow you to touch things without blowing things up. I'm glad to tell you that you are one of the other meta humans that hasn't tried to kill me."
      "Meta-humans? There are others like me?"
      "But none that look like you..." Cisco said, nervously. Barry put his head in his hands and laughed to himself.  "I'm sorry, that was inappropriate...Please don't leave."
    "Beth, if you'll just come over here please," Caitlin said before Beth sat down on the medical bed.
      "That's funny....You have a...bullet wound...When did you get shot?" Caitlin asked. 
      "Guys, that's not a bullet, that's a tracker. Eiling's on his way up the elevator now!" I said, looking at the live feed from Cisco's computer.
     "I'll handle this," Wells said, wheeling over to the elevator. We watched Wells and Eiling through the security cameras. When the door opened, Wells was greeted by Eiling:
     "Harrison Wells, where's my asset? I know she's here. The tracker I planted says she's--"
        "She's not here. Go look elsewhere."
       "I know she's here Harrison....If you don't bring me my asset by four o'clock, I'm gonna burn this place to the ground with you in it. By the waterfront at 4......don't forget!" Eiling said before stepping back into the elevator. Dr Wells made his way back into the cortex, when Caitlin had some news.
      "Beth, I'm afraid the dark matter and shrapnel has fused within your body on a cellular level. We can't fix it because that kind if technology hasn't been invented yet, I'm sorry."
       "Don't be. Everything happens for a reason, right? I'll just continue to live a lonely life where people are afraid of me...."
      "No, you don't have to live that way. You just have to find a way to live with these powers and make the best of it."
       "How can I make the best of it when I destroy everything I touch?" She asked. 
       "I see your point.....Just continue to wear the gloves and you'll be fine."
        "I will never be fine. Now I have to go to the waterfront before more people get injured because of me."
        "I'll go with you," Barry said. "Eiling doesn't scare me. I'll give you a lift," Barry said before giving me a kiss.
        "Be safe..."
         "I will", Barry said before picking up Beth and speeding over to the waterfront. We used his earpiece to hear and communicate with him. When Barry arrived, Eiling and his troops were there awaiting his arrival.
      "I knew you'd come. Too bad I have to kill the mood but it's strictly business..." Eiling said before suddenly shooting Beth. "She didn't want to cooperate, she betrayed me, and it was only a matter of time before she blew. Now let's go before it gets ugly." Eiling turned his back and got into one of his military vehicles. 
       "You monster..." Barry said running to Beth's aid. He wanted to say more, but all Barry could do at the moment was look at the dying girl lying in his arms.
        "Beth...stay with me. I promise I'll get you to S.T.A.R Labs and you'll be okay. Stay with me....C'mon!" Barry tried to say over the starting of Eiling and his Troops' vehicles. Barry tried to shake her awake and get her to respond. At that point, Beth's eyes rolled and she had died. Barry let out a stray tear.
       "Barry, she's gonna blow. You have to run away from the city. She's like a big ticking time bomb.......GO!" I yelled through the earpiece. Barry looked towards the water.
        "Let's hope I can run on water.." he said before speeding away with Beth. In a matter of seconds, Barry was far enough from the city as he could be. He felt saddened by the sound of Beth's limp body hitting the water, but that's what he had to do. On his way back, he heard the explosion behind him and did his best to outrun it.
        "You did it Bar, you saved the city! Bar....Barry?? BARRY!"