thirty-one

((PLEASE READ A/N))

Ariana

I admired the general finery of the lobby, with its polished dark wood furnishings, artwork and lush potted greenery, as we made our way out toward the swimming pool. Justin grabbed my hand as we approached a large gazebo, which held the fluffy striped beach towels I'd seen from our balcony.

"Two towels please." Justin requested from the hip blond attendant with a pageboy hair cut.

"Room key?" she asked. She didn't look at or acknowledging me. Justin flashed our plastic access card at her, "Room number and last name?" she purred.

"Bieber, room 513." He answered with a crooked grin and glanced at me playfully animated.

"Great, let me know if you need anything else." Gazebo Girl replied, batting her eyes.

Justin thanked her and put his arm around me as we walked away.

"I guess we both have our own fan clubs here." I teased.

He was quiet. No good-humored retort. Maybe he didn't like the jab.

He pointed to a sign posted with "Beach Access" written in bold black letters at the other end of the swimming pool. It took us past the rows of lounging people soaking up every last minute of sun. We made our way to the shoreline, walking hand in hand. Our feet sank into the wet sand. I glanced back wanting to see our footprints side by side. These moments were imbedding themselves into my memory, binding me ever more tightly. I was wholly fixed to him, and I would remain, unaltered.

Soaked in my Justin stupor, the cool water shocked me from my daydream as large set waves came barreling towards us, wetting our legs entirely. Justin laughed, cursing humorously under his breath. I mockingly looked sympathetically at him.

"Oh, I see, you think this is funny?" he teased, grabbing the towel from my hands and tossing our things away from the water, charging at me.

Justin scooped me up in his arms and I begged him not to throw me in. He quickly sloshed us out into deeper water, and without much of a fight, I gave in. The water's cool affect against my heated skin gave me chills, and I clung to his warm, well-built frame. He then let my legs loose to float freely under water.

I tried to find the bottom.

"Are you standing?" I asked, holding tight to his arm that was still wrapped around me.

"Yep."

"At least I know the bottom's just right there." I smirked. "It's creepy not to be able to see the bottom. You're lucky you're a head taller."

"Yes, I am." He smiled and moved me directly in front of him. He held me under my arms and picked me up out of the water, above him. "You're a perfect fit."

I melted into him as my legs cut through the water and wrapped around his waist. The water lapped at our chins as we moved deeper. We were both mute, staring at each other for a long moment. I was filled with so much elation I felt like I could explode and my words gushed out of my mouth.

"Will it always be this way?" I asked softly. Water splashed up into my mouth, forcing me to pause to spit it out. Justin remained hushed. "You know, this feeling?"

"I don't know about you, Ari, but what I feel grows stronger every day." He admitted, holding me tighter.

The water pushed and pulled at our bodies. My heart raced and I felt breathless upon hearing his words. He kissed me hard on the lips and turned taking us back to shore.

"I think you'll be able to stand now."

"Ha, oh no! You carried me out here, you're carrying me in." I laughed mischievously.