CHAPTER 5: Invitation

I was rudely awakened by the sun's rays shinning on my face. I was glad it did, I felt like I would never awake again, that I would be trapped in my subconscious with the terrifying dream that resided there, the same dream I had once again, the dream that has haunted me for centuries. I felt sadness and despair wash over me. There mustn't be any hope for me at all. Bracen was right, it would come back, it was only temporarily diminished. I can't tell my parents now, nor Lady Arena. She would have me banished or killed for sure. If I were to go to her, she would see me as a problem or threat to the society of angels.

There was a light tap on the door before it opened. "Silver, are you awake?" Mother asked.

"Yes, mother."

"Why don't you come eat something?"

"Alright." I then got up and walked down to the kitchen.

I grabbed an apple out of the bowl of fruit that was sitting next to the crested roses. I was tempted to get one, to sink my teeth in the breaded pastry that resembled roses and to taste the silky, creamy filling. But I decided to stick with the apple. I noticed pear and grape juice, the star cloud crackers, and the meaty miniature arrows. Our miniature arrows were so delicious they were different types of meats shaped like small arrows a symbol and tribute to the weapon that killed the last demon lord from eons ago.

My father walked in and picked up a meaty miniature arrow to take a bite. "Did you sleep well Silver?" he asked.

"Yes, I did."

"So you've had no more trouble sleeping?"

"No, not for the past two weeks." I then took a bite of my apple. He nodded in delight and poured some pear juice in a crystal glass.

Then a snowy white dove fluttered in through our open window on to the table. The bird flying in so suddenly startled my father making him spill some pear juice on his ivory colored sweater. He groaned slightly at the mildly tragic event in annoyance. The dove walked to the middle of the table and stopped and looked around.

"There's a scroll hanging from it's neck." mother noticed. The dove then turned to and walked over making one of it's native bird sounds. It unlocked the case of the scroll from it's neck then pulled out a golden scroll with it's beak and held it towards me waiting for me to take it. I took the metallic gold scroll from it and opened it.

"What is it honey?" mother asked as I started to read the inscribed message on the scroll.

Silver, I'd like to personally invite you to the ball we are hosting tomorrow evening, hoping you will accompany me. If you accept, come tomorrow, if not then I shall not see you until next time and I understand. However, if you accept I am having a dress sent to your home, for you to wear if you come. I hope you will accept this invitation.

- Bracen

"What does it say?" mother asked

"Prince Bracen. . .invited me to accompany him at tomorrows ball." I could feel the expression on my parents' face were as surprised and confused as I was. I wanted to go, even though I was welcome by the Bracen, it was the other angels I wasn't sure about, just because I was accepted by the prince doesn't that would be enough for the rest of Padeliona.

"You should attend," father said breaking the silence.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, the prince must want you there for a reason. It seems he's taken a liking to you." Then there was a knock at the door, when I answered there was a Crym at the door holding a silk bag.

"Here is your dress lady Silver," he said as he handed the bag to me and left as I closed the door. I sat the bag on the table and unzipped it not believing the sight that was set in front of my crimson red eyes. The dress he had sent was the most beautiful and ravishing white dress I've ever seen. A beauty that I never thought I'd see, a beauty not worth my eyes, one that could make a snowy white winter suddenly blossom into spring.