12

JENNY

It felt like he'd been gone for hours, and in that time Jenny had freshened up with another bath. She'd brushed her teeth, put on her pj's and taken out her scratchy contact lenses in favor of her glasses.

She hadn't been able to wipe the smile off her face, though. She'd been walking around in a kind of happy daze. This was probably the craziest thing she'd ever done, and no doubt would prove to be the stupidest thing too, but for the time being she was just going to enjoy it. Even though she knew it would never go anywhere, and never been more than a "holiday" fling. But she was okay with that, because what Zayn had given her tonight was something she would never forget and would always be grateful for. He'd made her feel beautiful, sexy and desirable. He'd made her feel like a goddess, and had awoken something inside her that she could now see had been dead and dormant for far too long.

He was right, she needed to loosen up sometimes, have a bit of fun, throw caution to the wind. And this is what she was doing. Just as she'd settled down on the bed to start reading a book, Zayn came crashing through the door laden with a million different things.

"I didn't know what you liked so I brought everything." He started spreading a huge selection of fruit, pastries, chocolates, nuts and dates across the table.

"I can see that." She crossed the room to inspect the table and picked up a pear. She bit into it. It was sweet and juicy and it trickled down her chin. Zayn picked up a napkin and dabbed it away before she had the chance to. This kind of intimacy they were sharing was strange, if felt right though, it had felt amazing when he'd planted that kiss on her forehead before leaving, and now with the napkin.

If you'd told her that 24 hours ago she would be with Zayn in this way and that she would actually like him, she would never have believed it. She grabbed a handful of nuts and made her way back to the bed. As she walked away, though, she could feel his eyes on her. She sat and turned to face him, he was wearing a strange look on his face.

"What are you wearing?" He said shoving an entire pastry into his mouth.

Jenny looked down, "My pajamas". Well, to be honest they weren't really pajamas so much as it was an old, oversized hockey jersey that she'd been wearing since she was 16. It was faded, totally worn out with a few holes in it for good measure. But it was the most comfortable item of clothing she owned.

"Is that seriously what you sleep in?" he walked up to her and stuck his finger through a hole in the hem.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" she stuck her finger through another larger hole for effect. "It's not like I need to impress anyone.'

"Have you ever worn lingerie?" he eyed her curiously and she shook her head.

"But do you know how good you'd look?" his hand brushed over her leg in such a familiar way, it made her shiver. 'What if I bought you some, would you wear it for me?" his hand wondered further up her leg. "Think of it as your birthday present to me." He flashed her a naughty boy- like grin which made her blush a little.

"It depends on what it is. I'm not going to wear some leather nurses outfit with tassels and a studded dog collar."

"So that's a yes then?'

"It's a tentative maybe. Possibly. But not definitely." She was trying to hide her excitement, the idea of wearing lingerie for him was making her dizzy.

"What about a sexy librarian outfit, it would go well with your glasses", he started stuffing another pastry in his mouth.

Jenny suddenly felt self-conscious, she'd almost forgotten she was wearing them. She must have looked a total mess; old faded shirt, wild hair and a pair of unfashionable glasses that were kept together by some sellotape on the arm. She started pulling them off, but he reached his hand up to stop her.