His Smile

High school. Supposedly the "best four years of your life." The typical place that everyone dreads. Where the whining takes place about being hungry or wanting to go home or having far too much homework. The place where people tend to judge others and stick to they're clicks. But how would I know? I'm only but a mere freshman. Well, almost freshman. But I think I've gotten enough 'need-to-know's' from reading and watching T.V. shows. Though I doubt Gossip Girl will be anything like New Beginnings High school. Although that would be pretty fan flipping tastic. Who doesn't need a Chuck Bass in their life? But I know what you're thinking. New Beginnings High school? Pretty darn cheesy. But what could I say? Sounds pretty good to the crap I had to go through in the past. But we'll get to that later. For now, I'll just focus on picking out my outfits and looking pretty.

It's a bit difficult to look pretty from my perspective. I'm still healing from the acne scars. But nothing some good ol' concealer can't fix. And oh darling, I am far from being perfect. I'm not fat, but I'm definitely not skinny. My wavy brown hair is quite glamorous when it wants to be. It could be more bipolar then me. And my green eyes are quite alright. Not to mention my full lips, they're quite kissable. (Unfortunately, I can't quite say I had the opportunity to test that theory out.) Gosh but we won't even mention the shape of my face. My cheeks are a bit chubby and there's no way you can see my jawline. I usually keep my mess of curls down, to cover my ever inflatable features.

But of course, I make up for what my looks can't. A pretty good personality, most of the time. And lovely outfits. Fashion is an art. It's a nice way to express yourself. I like to go for the classic and glamorous look. Polished, yet sophisticated. But then again, I'm not one to reject sweat pants at a specific time of the month.

But other than that. That's how I see myself. I'm not confident. I sometimes act like I am. In my mind, I'm a confident dictator. In reality, I'm shy and quiet. People can't hear me half the time. But that's all right. New year. New beginnings. It's hard trying to forget everything that happened last year.

"Blair!" I hear my best friend call me.

"Whaaaaat?" I asked opening the stall door.

"He's going to ask you out!" Georgie said beaming.

My eyes almost bulged out of my head. "WHAT?!?" I practically yelled.

"He's. Going. To. Ask. You. On. A. Date." She said grinning.

"But I'm not supposed to date until I'm 16." I said quickly.

"OH, we'll that's a dumb rule." She said crossing her arms.

I never said I wanted to follow it.

"I didn't even know he existed until 15 minutes ago. Now I'm supposed to be making out with him?"

Georgie smirked.

"Oh my gosh Georgie." I said, disapproval dripping from my tone.

She smiled and shrugged. "You never know where life is going to take you."

I shook the memory from my head. It hurt to think about last year. Especially how it would've been so easy just to avoid everything.

But it doesn't matter anymore. It's in the past. I'll just ignore it. Pretend it never happened. It's all over. I had the Summer to reinvent myself. And I truly believe I definitely did that. At least some of myself. At least my fashion has definitely improved. I can't imagine that in just 3 months, I opened my eyes to the HORRENDOUS fashion statement I made last year. Black yoga pants and a decent blouse? What was I thinking. Gosh. And let's just please forget the flip flops. I do recall once while wearing the oh so famous flip flops, I gracefully fell off the bus, skinned my knee, and broke the flip flop.