twelve

After deleting his number from my contacts and his messages, I made my way to school with Eli in her car. I have English now, such great news, since Mr. Andersson was trying to hit on me last time. But everything's better than what happened this morning.

"Class, today I want you to write in your books," Mr. Andersson, or Sebastian, says as the stands in front of the desks and students pay attention while he keeps glancing over at me, sitting at the back corner, "I want you to write about something you disliked, that you've now gotten used to and regret disliking, I won't read it in case it's too personal, I want you to do it for yourself."

I start buzzing with thoughts as I listen, as focused as possible to keep my mind off things like the Luke kid or whatever kid. He maybe even lied when he told me his name was Luke. No, Agnes. Stop thinking about him. Think about this assignment, even if he won't even read it, which is good because God knows what I will write. There are so many things I used to dislike that now I got used to, so this should be easy.

I grab my pencil in my hand and start writing on the blank page.

Something that I disliked and found very annoying was when people would put noses in smile faces on a text. I know it's dumb, but I never liked it at all. Until Luke started texting with me and he wouldn't stop sending those. That's not only something I got used to, but it's also something I miss---

Fuck, did I just turn my English work in to something related to him?

I suddenly flinch as I feel my phone buzzing several times in the back pocket of my dark green skinny jeans. I place my phone between my thighs to see what it is, without getting caught.

*twitter:* @Luke5SOS followed you back! 2min.

*twitter:* DM from @Luke5SOS now.

What does he even want now? I quickly swipe right and look at the dm.

@Luke5SOS: we need to talk
1:43pm

@agneslouisebloom: we? i think you have the wrong account, sprry
1:44pm

@Luke5SOS: i'm serious now stop acting dumb, please call me xxx-xxx-xxx
1:44pm

@agneslouisebloom: i don't know what you're talking about, 1) you probably have the wrong agnes 2) i'm in class so not right now
1:45pm

@Luke5SOS: i'm not letting you go again, go to the toilet with whatever excuse and call me
1:45pm

@agneslouisebloom: i'll see what i can do
1:45pm

I raise my hand and clear my throat so that I can get Mr. Andersson's attention to my corner as he walks around glancing at the student's who are writing in their blocks.

"Yes, Agnes Bloom?" His eyes finally meet mine.

"Uh, yeah, can I go to the restroom, please?" I ask as politely as I can while placing my phone back in the pocket of my jeans. I have no idea what Luke Hemmings wants but it seemed important since he had such a hurry.

"Yeah, hurry up."

I get up from my chair and sprint to the stalls once I see there is literally no one in the halls. Once I get to the toilets, I walk around checking nobody's there and I'm alone.

I lock myself in the toilet and save his number, unsure if what I'm gonna do is stupid or actually worth it. I mean it's technically Luke Hemmings, a celebrity. How many chances like this do I even have? Plus the fact that he already followed me on instagram makes it weirder for several reasons.

I place the phone beside my ear and wait for him to answer.

"Hello?" A deep and Australian voice answers pretty quickly.

"Uhm, hi, it's Agnes... Bloom. You told me to call you and I'm honestly very confused and pretty sure you got the wrong Agnes—"

"I thought you weren't even gonna fall for that, I have been desperate." He says and I listen confused.

"Uh, what?"

"I'm the Luke you've been talking to for weeks." He simply says and I drop my phone on the floor, flinching when I hear it collapse. I quickly pick it up, dust it off and place it back where it was.

"No, you're not." I simply state, knowing that it will bring me back to reality.

"What was that noise?" He asks and I bite my lip hard enough for it to start lightly bleeding.

"I-I dropped my phone, but Luke, you cannot be fucking serious."

"But Agnes, I am." I feel like he is smirking from wherever he is right now, even if I can't even see his features.

Before I think it over, I end the call and stare at my screen for a solid minute.

I have not been talking to Luke Hemmings for weeks.

me: luke hemmings?

luke h: told you i was never lying babe

me: omfg

--

very unsure if this is real shit or is actually acceptable
(ngl at first i was gonna do like he doesn't tell her the truth but so many fics already have that so i went with this)
next chapter: 30 votes on every chapter (SORRY) ily