Thirty-Two

Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream. ~Khalil Gibran

Luke's POV

I was sitting at Michael's house that Friday after work, my head on his lap and my eyes closed as he ran his finger through my hair. "Michael?"

"Yes Luke?"

I opened my eyes and could see him looking down at me. Everything had been so much smoother since the other day. Like everything was beginning to work out. "I've been thinking."

"Okay."

"And I want to do something nice for you." I said and Michael let out a small chuckle.

"You do nice things for me all the time. Like when I spilt my binder at school yesterday, and you bought me a drink before work today." Michael smiled.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked.

"I spend ninety percent of my time with you, Luke." Michael rolled his eyes. "Why?"

"Cause I want to take you out." I gave a nervous smile as I watched Michael's eyes grow larger. "Like a date."

"You think you could pull it off?" Michael chuckled and I shot him a glare. "You don't know very much about dating let alone dates."

"I could totally do it." I smiled. Michael shrugged.

"Go ahead." Michael said and I let out a small laugh of excitement. "You're so cute." Michael laughed.

"Thanks." I leaned up and kissed him before laying back on his lap. "How have you been lately, Mikey?"

"What do you mean?" Michael asked. I was always doing my best to check in with Michael's wellbeing without becoming a nuisance. In the end I was still really nervous about Michael, especially when I knew dark thoughts still circled his head.

I sat up so my legs hung over Michael's lap and continued. "You know what I mean, like how you've been feeling?"

"Good." Michael nodded. I kissed Michael's cheek and he gave a small grin. "What about you? How are you?"

"Good." I replied.

"Your parents don't know about what happened at school?" Michael asked and I shook my head. "When was the last time you saw them?"

"About a week ago." I shrugged. Michael held a grim expression but I immediately dismissed it. "It's fine, Michael."

"Luke I don't think - "

"Michael, it's okay. I promise." I sighed.

Michael looked like he wanted to rebuttal against me more. But he caved in. "Okay."

The front door opened and Samantha walked inside. "Hey boys." We greeted her and she smiled. "Do you want anything?"

"No thanks." I shook my head.

"I'm good." Michael replied.

"Well, it's getting a little late, do your parents know you're here Luke?" Samantha asked.

"No." I shook my head. "Not like they would care either way."

"Luke your parents care about you." Samantha said. "Whether you can see it or not."

"They don't." I huffed.

"Samantha, leave it please." Michael said and Samantha nodded and left the room. "Come on, let's go upstairs."

I sighed and climbed off of Michael's lap and walked up the stairs. Michael followed behind me as we walked into his room.

"They don't care." I said as I sat on the edge of Michael's bed. Michael did not say anything. Instead he put his arm around my shoulders.

"Are you alright?" He asked and I nodded my head. "You seem pretty upset."

"I guess I was always so used to this kind of lifestyle that now that it's setting in, it kind of blows." I shrugged.

Michael kissed my cheek and spoke. "I'm going to sleep, you should come lay with me."

I nodded my head and laid down with Michael. His head laid on my chest and I looked up at the ceiling. Finding it extremely hard to be tired when I was thinking so many things.

I wondered what it was like, most importantly, to be where Michael was. I wondered what his family was like before it went to hell. It seemed so bright, so happy. In a flash it was ripped away from him. But it was not quick and easy. It was slow, long and painful.

I thought I might as well be grateful for what I had. Both of my parents were alive and I never had to adjust everything. Not to mention I was worshipped by everyone at school.

I wondered if that bothered Michael, to know that girls fell for me left and right. Maybe he always thought that I would never want anything to do with them, but then again there is a lot I don't know about Michael.

I felt my eyes beginning to close as Michael shifted around. Just when I had reached complete and utter peace, I heard Michael begin to make noises as he slowly moved around. Thrashing and screams followed and I went wide eyed as I was unsure of what to do.

"M-Michael!" I shook him. "Michael wake up!" His eyes flashed open as he sucked in a deep breath. He was covered in a thin layer of sweat as his eyes locked with mine. He sat up and was visibly shaking.

"Michael, are you okay?" I asked. He pulled up his legs and began to wipe his eyes. Eventually I understood him to be crying. I had no idea what to do, but when I reached for him he moved away.

"Michael..?" I mumbled as my hands dropped down to my lap.

"I-I'm fine.." He mumbled. "I just had a bad dream.."

"What was it about?" I asked. "Maybe discussing it will - "

"No, I-I don't want to talk about it!" Michael snapped at me and I sat back in shock. I was just trying to be helpful, but I suppose that it was not all it was cracked up to be. "J-Just go to bed."

I laid back down and watched Michael, although I could only see his back from where he was sitting. Eventually he stood up and walked towards the door. "Michael? Where are you going?" I called to him but he never answered. Instead he just opened the door and walked out of the room.

I laid back down in the bed and kept my eyes on the door until I fell asleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this chapter kinda sucked but it'll get better I promise so don't even worry about a thing.

But I started a new book yesterday called therapy and it's a Malum/Cashton so you should look at it for me =3

ALSO TODAY IS MY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY FOR MY WATTPAD ACCOUNT SO IM UPDATING EVERYTHING TWICE TODAY.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX