4; The Park

Petunia arrived at the normal time to pick up Dudley...and Harry (although she had to force herself to). The three of them left the nursery, Dudley blabbering away about the girl he threw a building block at, Petunia deeply absorbed in his chatter, and Harry wandering along, trying to pay attention just going to see what Petunia found interesting in this conversation.

In the end he silently decided that there was absolutely nothing. She just wanted to please her gigantic son.

As they had decided to walk home a different way, Harry was briefly enjoying gazing at his surroundings as they passed, when he was interrupted by a loud squeak oh excitement.

"Mummy! Mummy! Can we go to the park?"

Dudley jumped up and down in front of his mother, causing her to stop dead in her tracks.

"Maybe later, Duddy," she smiled patting his head.

A scowl crept across Dudley's face. He stomped his foot on that ground, causing a loud SLAP to echo down the empty street.

"But I want to go now!" He complained.

"Alright, alright, anything for my little Duddy-kins!" She took his porky hand in her own, and let him drag her off towards the slide.

"WEEEEEE!" He screeched as he slid down the shiny metallic surface into the soft bark at the bottom "Again! Again!"

"You can go as many times as you like, precious!" Petunia cooed.

So he went again, and again, and again.

Harry watched from the swings. Dudley looked over and saw Harry.

"Mummy!"

"Yes?"

"I want to go on the swing!" His voice droned on.

"Of course, come on then, let's go over!"

Harry watched as the two of them marched over, and as Petunia put her hands under her son's arms, and lifted him up.

"NO!"

She placed him back on the ground "Sorry I forgot they you were old enough to get in yourself!" She smiled.

"I don't want to go in the baby swing! I want to go in the big swing, like him!" Dudley pointed a stubby finger at Harry.

"Very well then,"

They walked over and once again she attempted to put her son on the swing-and once again was stopped mid way through that attempt.

"Not this one! I want that one!"

"But darling, Harry's on that o-"

"I DON'T CARE!"

"Sorry," she ruffled his hair, while he stood with his arms folded, once again scowling at his cousin "Off!"

Petunia's sharp voice alerted him.

"Can't he just go on that one?" Harry responded, nodding his head sideways towards the other swing.

"Off!" She barked again.

Rolling his eyes, he slid of the rubbery swing and onto the other as Dudley climbed up into the seat of the swing by himself. Wow.

"Do you want me to push you?"

"Yes!"

Without even asking for the 'magic word' she began pushing gently on his back, as he gradually increased in height.

"Can you push me too please?" Harry asked politely, unlike his fat cousin.

"Don't be ridiculous!" She spat.

He felt angry. Not only had he been forced to go to the park in the first place, he had been kicked off his own swing, and now wasn't allowed to be pushed.

His anger grew bigger-like a bubbling fury inside if him.

Slowly his swing began to move. Higher and higher. Higher still, until he was going higher then Dudley-who's swing had stopped moving. In fact, his swing has stopped moving long ago. By this point, he was being carried by his mum as she ran as far away from him as possible.