Chapter 41

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

Simon gasped and looked at me with wide eyes. “Oh, God, I'm sorry. You feel lightheaded already?” He took a deep breath and shook his head. “Of course you are, I can feel it now. Crap. I’ll make sure to only use my own strength from now on.”

“It’s fine,” I assured him. I tried to smile, but it was too much effort. Simon got up and reached out to me, but I shook my head. “Don’t waste your efforts on me,” I told him. “Use your strength for Sheila.”

He hesitated for a moment and then called in Eros. I protested, but Simon cut me off. “You need him. He can’t help you the way I can, but you’re right, I need to help Sheila. But Eros and you are both vampires and it is proven that vampires are stronger together. Maybe you could even see it, see the darkness around vampires merge or something?”

I shook my head. “Never noticed it.”

“Well, I don’t know why or how, but maybe Eros can help you. He could at least try to.”

“You called?” Eros asked, stepping into the bedroom and closing the door behind him. “Dem, what’s wrong with you?” He leaned down and looked into my eyes. “Simon, she looks weak – what happened to her?”

“I needed her strength to make sure Sheila stabilizes,” Simon explained, not admitting he hadn’t meant to use me at all. Eros didn’t need to know everything.

“And how do you do that?” Eros asked skeptically.

Simon shrugged. “It’s a fairy thing.” I could tell he was lying, but I wasn’t sure if that was because he was a bad liar or because I could tell what he was feeling.

“What do you need me for?” Eros asked Simon. “To suck me dry as well?”

“No,” Simon said, irritated. “Although you do deserve it. I need you to try to strengthen Demona somehow. I am going to need her again, but I can’t have her fainting on me.” He smiled reassuringly at me. “I’ll make sure you won’t be in any danger, but I can’t do all of this on my own.”

“It’s fine,” I told him weakly. “The book…” Crap, I couldn’t even lift my arm high enough to hand Simon the heavy book I’d been carrying.

Eros took it from me and gave it to Simon. “Of course I will try to help her, but how exactly do I do that?”

“You’re a senior,” Simon replied as if that explained everything. He opened the book and ruffled through the dusty, yellowing pages. “I read somewhere vampires are strongest when together, because they are highly sensitive to the energy flow of other vampires. I am sure you learned that in class sometime. Just try to connect your energy fields.”

“I’ve never heard about any of that stuff and I have no idea how to do it,” Eros objected, sighing deeply. He sat down next to me anyway and put an arm around me. “I guess contact would be the first step…”