Chapter 33- Cartoons and Cuddles

I see many writers do this so I'm gonna try it too. Chapter goals. This chapter I want to see if we can get:

5 comments and 15 votes. I'll try to update when that goal is met. :)

I woke up the next morning feeling extremely warm and fuzzy.

I opened my eyes and quickly remembered last night with Ashton. The harsh confrontation with a brutal memory, ending with us cuddling up on his bed.

My eyes flicker around the dark room. The only light coming from the edges of the closed curtains.

They were open last night which means Ashton must have gotten up and closed them when I was asleep.

I roll over and look up at Ashton who was slightly propped up on the pillows, arm covering his eyes.

My eyes trail over his body like last night and I contain a small giggle.

Usually I would blush and roll off the bed like the place was on fire. But being this close to him has became so common, so natural.

My smile grew wider with the realization that he was all mine.

"Good morning," Ashton says in a groggy voice.

I squeak a little as he turns over and wraps his muscular arm around my waist, pulling me even closer to him.

His breath fans across my face and my nose scrunched in reaction to the strong smell of alcohol still lingering from last night.

"Ew," I say childishly and pinch my nose.

His deep laughter fills the silence between us and he buries his face in the pillow. "Sorry," he mumbles.

"It's okay," I chuckle.

"Sorry for a lot of things," he says more seriously.

If I wasn't paying attention, I would have missed his mumbled words. But they were very clear in the silence.

My smile drops and I gently rest my hand on his cheek. "Remember what I said before? Don't be sorry. It was a traumatic time for you and you had a breakdown."

And I meant every word. I know that dating Ashton is going to have some rough patches. Last night and Christmas was a perfect example of how dangerous things could get by just being in his life.

But what kind of person would I be if I just left?

"Well I am sorry. Im sorry for throwing a bottle at your head. Im sorry for pinning you against a wall. Im sorry for screaming in your face. Im sorry for scaring you. Im sorry for calling you Sabrina. And I'm sorry for everything else that'll go wrong between us." He took a deep breath at the end of his rambling and looked at me with red cheeks.

"You done?" I ask.

He nods once and looks at me with hopeful eyes.

"I already told you, you're forgiven. Now answer this one question..."

"This one question will turn into 20," he smirks.

"Will not! Now, who is Sabrina and why did you call me by her name? Yes I know it's two questions!" I say after he gives me a look.

He goes to turn away and cover his face with a pillow.

"Oh no you don't!" I shout. Before he has time to react, I get up and tackle him. "Tell me!" I shake him and try to snatch the pillow away all the while he's groaning. Probably not the best idea to do this to a person with a hangover...oh well.