Chapter 1 ( Updated )

Third POV

       She anxiously sat on the couch waiting for his arrival home. Recently, she had found out some news that would not only affect the rest her life but also his too. She wanted this for as long as she could remember and now it's time she shares the news with him.

       Anna sat there watching the time tick by faster than she's ever seen before. Never taking her eyes off the clock she sat for hours just waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Never leaving her spot in hopes that any second he would walk through that door and the can rejoice and bask in the celebration worthy news.

        Eyes becoming slightly drowsy, she had no choice but to finally get ready for bed. The celebration would have to wait for tomorrow when she had enough energy.

     Making her way upstairs she couldn't help but stop and let her drowsy mind wander to what could be holding her husband up. The crazed that went through her mind awoke her from her drowsy state and made her heart beat with unwanted emotions.

  Shaking her head vigorously to clear her mind, she remembers the promise. The promise he had made to never make that mistake again and break her beyond repair.

   With that promise in mind she made the rest of the way up to bed and settled down, hoping to get a good nights rest and put her distressed mind at ease.

   Not much longer later she felt that bed dip and a hand move her to his chest.

    Moving around to get comfortable, she took a deep breathe in and smelled a scent that was not of her own or his. Her mind no longer feeling at ease again, she sits up with the same thoughts that occurred earlier.

  "What is that smell on you?," she asked with uncertainty in her voice.

  "Hmm? What smell baby? Just come lay back down," he replied avoiding her eyes,  knowing that the smell was in fact something.

   He was so tired when he arrived home that he didn't even think to shower and get the smell off him. A mistake he now wish he hadn't made.

  "No, what is that smell? I know I smell something."

  "Ann, please just come back her and lay down. Your probably just imaging it," he spoke as if it was a question more than actual statement.

  No longer say anything, she just looked into his eyes hoping that what she knew occurred didn't really happen. That his promise to her wasn't broken. 

  It was. She seen it, felt it, and broke all at the same time.

  He knew that she knew. He could see it in the way that her eyes started to glisten with tears. The way her body started inching away from him by the second. He had no words. Completely speechless.

   Within that second their eyes connected again she did the only thing she could do. Run.

   Run out the room and into the guestroom where she would be left with another heartbreak from the same man.