Prologue

"This just in, prisoner Kim Namjoon has been released. After serving 3 years he has made a deal to be released. Kim Namjoon was in for drug dealing and multiple assaults, due to the lack of evidence he could not be connected to any murders."

I quickly shut off the news and swallowed the big lump in my throat as what I just heard settled in. There's no way. He killed them all. How is he not serving for it?

"Papa?" I quickly turned my head toward the small familiar voice.

"What's wrong, sunshine?" I opened my arms and waited for her to run into my arms. She crawled onto my lap and rested her head into the crook of my neck instead.

"I had that dream again..." She whispered softly, I tensed and sighed heavily. "Papa, I know you don't like that dream b-but-"

"Yoon... I'm not mad. How about you go pack up your things, we're going to go on an adventure." I grinned as I saw her eyes light up.

As soon as she smiled back I watched my 4 year old daughter sprint up to her room. Just then, the doorbell rang. I stood up and strode over to my front door. It was probably Tae. I soon opened the door with a smile.

"Tae, what're yo-" my smile quickly fell as no one was there.

My brows furrowed but a boquet of roses caught my attention. I knelt down and picked them up, gently sniffing them before grabbing the card.

My angel, Jin.
I know I've been gone for too long, but I'm back.
xx always yours

A tear fell down my face as I looked around quickly. It was obvious who this letter was written by. I wanted to pretend I didn't see it or just simply throw it away but I couldn't. This was the man I knew I had to face sooner or later. I'm glad he's back but I can't get hurt again. Yoon can't get hurt again. He can't just walk back into our life. I know he's still connected to trouble.

"Papa?"

I quickly wiped away stray tears and fixed my glasses. Yoon couldn't see me distressed or else she herself would worry.

"Are those flowers?" She smiled while I nodded and knelt down.

"Let's go put these in a vase before we leave."

She agreed quickly, and ran towards the kitchen. I looked behind me before walking back into my home.

"We better hurry, we've got to-"
"Run yes I know, Papa."

I ruffled her hair and grinned before preparing the vase.