Forget The Horror Here: Chapter 4- Reunited

~Reunited~

I wrapped my arms around Daryl's waist as he started slowly down the driveway. I shut my eyes and tried so hard not to cry. I whispered an almost inaudible goodbye to the house, the old tire swing, the memories, not knowing when/if I would be here again. The tears broke free and I cried into Daryl's vest. After taking that night to rest, we continued to travel. As we did, the roads seemed to get longer and more jammed with broken down cars. I clung tighter to him as he slowly navigated his way through them. My back stiffened as I heard a noise. It was a scream. A blood-curdling scream that rang in the distance. Daryl stopped his motorcycle and pulled me behind a small car. He prepared his crossbow and I loaded my revolver. He motioned forward where we heard the noise come. We inched forward and talking became more evident. I peered over a car and couldn't believe my eyes. I softly whistled to Daryl and pointed in the direction of what I had seen. I crept low but fast, holding my gun at the ready. I crouched with my weapon, waiting.

"Sophia!" One of the women screamed. She began to cry. A taller woman with long brown hair held her back from running to the trees." We have to go after her! Rick! Do something!" The woman collapsed into heavy sobs.

"Rick." One of the people said. Two of the men stared at the scrawnier, younger guy. He jerked his head in the direction I was hiding. I cursed to myself in my head as I pressed myself farther to the ground. "I'll get it." He quietly said. He loaded his rifle. I held my gun to my chest as I heard the person taking slow steps my way. I didn't see Daryl. I heard the cocking of the gun and slowly stood to face an Asian guy pointing a gun at my face. My heart stopped. He dropped his gun and stared in shock. I turned my head to see Daryl, crossbow aimed directly at the guy's head. I glared at him, and he lowered the weapon. One of the men, I'm guessing the one named Rick, ran off into the woods. I put the gun in the waist of my pants and lifted my hands to show I wasn't going to hurt him. He awkwardly scrambled to get his gun from the ground. He stopped, his eye brows furrowing.

"S-Sawyer?" he asked. Something in my head clicked and I stood in shock for a second.

"Glenn?!" I whispered. I ran around the vehicles to get to him. I crashed into him and strangled him with a hug. He quickly hugged me back and we stood there embracing. I laughed with happiness causing him to do the same. We stood there for what felt like forever before one of us said something.

"I can't believe..." He trailed off.

"I know." I could see his group staring at us in utter confusion. I smiled into his shoulder. I backed up and looked at him. His usually spikey short hair had grown out and was partially covered by the ball cap I had given him in sixth grade. He had also gotten ...taller? One of his group's members, a tall, dangerous looking man, cleared his throat.

"Wanna introduce us?" He said with a southern accent. He had a half scowl, half smirk on his face.

"Guys, this is Sawyer. Sawyer, that's Lori, and her son Carl." I waved at them.

"Nice to meet you Sawyer." Lori said, smiling.

"And that's T-Dog." The nice looking black man nodded. "That's Carol." He motioned to the crying woman. "Her daughter Sophia got chased off by a walker." He said so only I could hear, his tone turning somber. Carol began to cry again and Lori comforted her. "Up there, that's Dale. He's sort of the watchman of the group." I looked up to see an older man in a floral shirt and a hat standing on top of their R.V. "Dale, have you seen Andrea?"

"She's in the R.V." He replied, climbing down.

"I'll go check on her. Carl, stay with Carol." Lori disappeared into the R.V.

"Mind introducing us to your friend with the crossbow?" Glenn asked. Daryl stood farther back behind a car. I could see his crossbow ready to be fired if needed.

"Oh. That's Daryl. We teamed up about two weeks ago." I leaned in closer to Glenn and whispered. "Don't get on his bad side. He could kill you with the snap of a finger." Glenn's eyes grew wide. "I've seen him take down several walkers weaponless." He laughed nervously like he always used to in high school. This made me smile.

"You look starved." He stated. "And your head!" He reached up and put his hand over the bruise. I winced a little. "Come on. You need medicine. " He took me by the hand and pulled me toward the R.V. I jumped at the sight of T-Dog and the dangerous looking man dragging a walker's body out of the R.V. A screwdriver was protruding from it's eye and it's face was coated with dark, thick blood. I clung to Glenn's arm and pressed my hand to my mouth in horror. Dale appeared at their side.

"Is Andrea ok?" Dale shaded his eyes to see better.

"She's fine. A little shaken though." T-Dog replied as he pulled the bloody tool from the walkers skull. "Bastard got into the R.V. She's lucky to have had that screwdriver."

"Hey Sawyer." The woman named Carol called over to us. Her cheeks were wet and her voice was thick. She peered up at us with swollen eyes. "Would you and Glenn mind keeping an eye on Carl? I need to..." She trailed off, motioning towards the R.V. entrance. Carl sat beside the Winnebago, playing with his shoelaces.

"Sure, yeah." Glenn answered her as he walked up behind me. Carol nodded a thank you before going in the R.V.

"Glenn? Can I go see what Shane is doing?" Carl asked, standing up and brushing off his hands.

"Sure, but don't go too far and stay by his side." Carl smiled.

"Shane!" He called as he ran toward the man and T-Dog.

"Come on. Let's go see if we can find any supplies."

~Author's note~ How'd you guys like this chapter? I really enjoyed the twist i added! It's about to get all depressing and shit next chapter, just a heads up! Please vote and leave a comment telling me your thoughts! Peace out, walkers!