A Love That's So Demanding (14,15)

Chapter 14

(Frank's POV)

It had been a month since I'd heard or seen Travis, two months and three weeks, since I'd seen Non. Yeah I've kept count, but it seemed like no one cared. I mean everyone's lives went on. My band was doing great, in fact we were leaving for our first tour in the morning. We would kick it off in L. A. Travis, Non and I had always wanted to go there. To think I would be the first one to make it there. Everything just felt wrong with out Non here to say how great it all was. She was the only person who had ever encouraged me to pursue my music, I'd always promised that when I made it big I would remember her and Travis. I'd heard that Travis's band was going on tour as well. I hoped we wouldn't run into each other, I couldn't be held accountable for what I did to him should we meet.

I finished packing my things and laid down on the couch. Staying with the way brothers wasn't bad at all. I did have to get a job for a week or so. Then we got offered this slot on tour and none of us wanted to pass it up. I should be happy, I mean I am happy I just miss my best friend.

(Travis's POV)

I turned over in my bunk, we had a show in twenty-four hours and I couldn't sleep. Michelle wrapped her arms around me from behind. I'd told her to leave that morning and she did, but later on that day she showed up and well then she wouldn't leave. She'd grown on me.

So when we heard we were going on tour she just naturally assumed that I was taking her, she quit her job and showed up with a plane ticket. I couldn't tell her no, so I just let her come. We were in L. A. I was lonely even with her and the rest of the band. Matt is the only one who knew the whole story. He said we were all wrong, and needed to get over it. He said that he thought that Non and Frank should be together, and that I should give them my blessing. We fought about that, I loved Non. I missed having her lying next to me, and let's face it she was so much better in bed than Michelle.

That's not all I miss about her though, I miss that way she used to look up at me like I was her world, I miss the way her eyes twinkled when she sang. You know that old saying absence makes the heart grow fonder. Well, it's never been more true than here in this instance.

Chapter 15

(Nonnie's POV)

I bought the shot glass to my mouth and let the liquid burn my throat going down. "Give me another." I said to the bar tender, his name was Chris he was happily married a pretty nice guy. We've gotten to know each other pretty well over the past few nights. It'd been about a week or so since I lost the baby and well yeah that's all. I drank down the shot he sat in front of me and then I heard music playing it was a ballad I'd heard it before. "I Wish I Wasn't" (it's an R&B song) by Heather Headly. I got up and started to move my body to the music.

A few minutes into the song I felt someone's arm snaked around me. I didn't stop dancing, who ever it was started to move with me, pulling me back against his body. Finally as the song was ending I turned around to see whom I was dancing with he was taller than me by about a half foot, he had curly black hair that framed his face and icy blue eyes. "How bout we get out of here?"

"And where would we go," I said flirtatiously.

"I can show you then if you wanna leave you can." I stepped back from him and went over to Chris.

"Do you know this guy?" I asked.

"Yeah he's a good guy as far as I can tell, just be careful you had a lot to drink." I had every intention of ignoring his advice tonight.

"Alright lets go." I said he took my hand and lead me out of the bar. We walked for a while I learned that his name was Clark and that he was some other things that I didn't really care about. We walked up to a club. My feet stopped as we came to it. It was the same venue that the guys had played at.

"I just gotta drop something off here, come on." He grabbed my hand and as we went in he nodded at the bouncer. I wanted to run the other way but I couldn't. I could hear the band that was playing as he pulled me further into the club, there was no turning back now. I tried to ignore the crowd surging around me as he pulled me deeper into the crowd. The band played on, I decided to concentrate on the voice of the singer; it was calming.

Finally the song ended and the crowd calmed down. The singer was talking. I looked up to see the face of the man who had stopped what I could only describe as a panic attack. He was a skinny guy with long black hair that, he was wearing tight black skinny jeans and what looked like a bulletproof vest. They were about to start another song, this one was called "House of Wolves" He waited patiently for one of their guitarist to get up off the floor. "Come Frank, they are ready to..." I didn't hear the rest of what he said cause he turned away from the mic. The guitarist got up. I stood stock-still. I was Frank, my Frank.

(Janay's POV)

I untangled myself from Pete's arms and made my way across the hall. We were taking turns checking on Nonnie, everyone was worried about her she wouldn't eat and she slept all day and all night. Well we assumed she slept all night usually we stop checking on her after 11 pm, but tonight I couldn't sleep I stood outside her door for a moment. Then someone tapped me on my shoulder scaring the living hell out of me.

"Its me," Andy said. He was also staying and keeping his eye on Nonnie, he seemed to care about her a lot. "What are you doing?"

"Just checking on her, she still won't eat or anything. I think we are going to have to take her back to New York."

"Why? What's in New York?" I told him the whole story even the parts that didn't paint Non in the best light, but I think he deserved to know what he was getting himself into.

"Wow," he said. "So you weren't playing when you said she'd been though a lot."

"No I wasn't she doesn't blame either of the guys for it, she blames herself. I don't wanna take her back to them, but they are probably the only ones that can help her."

"I...I could try."

"Sorry Andy. I don't think you can help her, but my mother always said, "Nothing beats a failure but a try". Why don't you check on her, I'll just go get a cup of water." I left him at her bedroom door and went into the kitchen. Then I heard him running.

"She's gone." He said running out the front door. "Where would she go?" he yelled back.

"Andy, stop." He stopped and turned to look at me. "We don't know where she would go, lets get everyone else and we can all search." He came back into the house and we woke everyone up. Ray was not happy, but she and Bill got up after I explained what was going on. Then we piled into separate cars and drove off in different directions hoping to find her.