Spock

A/N This story is dedicated to the one & only Spock, Leonard Nimoy. He did, live long & prosper. 

As you sleepily opened one eye to the sound of birds chirping in the early morning, you slowly moved your head to the left of the bed. You smiled as you saw your husband, Spock, sound asleep apart from what woke you up, the birds, what seemed to be chirping louder now. Or you were just now fully awake. But it didn't matter as you saw that the time was 7:30 on the clock.

Carefully you tried to squirm out of bed, but curse Vulcan strength as he tighten his grip around your waist. This was going to be harder then you thought. The only reason why you wanted to get out of bed, let alone be awake at this ungodly hour, is to surprise Spock with a homemade breakfast.

It was valentines day & you thought you would use that recipe that Spock's mom, Amanda, gave you which was one of his favorite meals as a child. But none of that was going to happen if you didn't succeed in sneaking out & not waking him up. After many other attempts, you stood over him, gave him a quick peck on the cheek before tip toeing out of the bedroom.

You grabbed on the railing of the dark stairs & almost fumbled down them as you wipe the sleep from your eyes. You walk into the kitchen towards the counter where you "hid" the recipe in the drawer. You take it out & look at what ingredients it calls for.

Homemade Pancakes:

2 eggs

4 TBSP cooking oil

3 TBSP sugar

1 tsp baking soda

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 cups milk

Still looking at the paper, you walk to the fridge, open it, see plenty of eggs & milk. Check. Now the cupboard for the dry ingredients. You see the baking soda, powder, salt, flour, sugar, & the coking oil. Great! Now it's time to get out all the ingredients & start cooking.

You get out your Y/F/C mixing bowl & read the instructions. Beat eggs slightly, add milk & oil until blended. That's easy enough. Add dry ingredients & mix on medium speed for one minute. For that you have to get your hand mixer from the drawer under the cupboard. You cringe as your measuring cups fall out & on the ground in such a horribly loud noise.

You slowly turn your head towards the hall that leads to the bedroom. Nothing. Good, that meant he didn't hear you. You let out a sigh of relief & wash the cups that fell. But what worried you most was the hand mixer. How on earth were you going to mix when you knew from experience how loud it was? You remembered that you didn't close the door upstairs. Maybe that would help?

You knew how sensitive Vulcan's ears are & how they can hear everything! Okay. maybe not everything, but when your trying to sneak a midnight snack, you don't even have to wonder how he heard you. The only reason that he wasn't down here when the cups crashed is because he had a late night at work, so he was probably exhausted. You would be too.

It was almost 8:00 when you tip toed back up the stairs to the bedroom. You peeked in & saw Spock in the position you left him in before when you first left. Good. You feel like a secret spy or something as you close the door as quietly as possible. You hope that will muffle the noise.

You plug the mixer in & started to mix. It made a loud grinning noise but it was soon over in the one minute. Next was cook on a griddle until golden brown. You had the griddle already out. All you had to do now was not make a mess or burn breakfast! No pressure.

First one you couldn't get it off the griddle. You forgot to butter it first, even though it doesn't say it in the recipe, you always butter it first. You weren't really a wiz the the kitchen anyways, but you were getting better. Anywho, the other ones turn out great as you flipped them with ease now.

As you were flipping pancakes & putting them on the plates, you didn't even notice the sound of the upstairs bedroom door open& close, or Spock quietly coming down the stairs behind you. You were humming to yourself when you felt arms wrap around your waist & a deep voice whispers in your ear,

"Good morning Y/N." You grin as you turn to Spock. But as soon as you turn to face him, you bust out in laughter. Of this reaction, it's causes Spock to go from sleepy to confused. "Is there something incorrect about my appearance?" he asks, as one of his eyebrows lift.

It was his hair. The only time you saw it ruffled was when he would get out of the shower. But this was just too funny! "Y-you have s-some messed up b-bedhead babe." you gasp trying to stop the laughter by covering your mouth with your hand. He takes 4 strides to the bathroom to look in the mirror. You follow him. His bangs were half up, half down, & the back of his head look like you took a blow dryer to the right side of his hair. You kept giggling as you took out a comb, a brush & tackled his hair. You kind of got the back of his head to normal, but the front wasn't budging.

"It does seem that I will have to wait after we eat for me to take the proper time of a shower." he tells you as he take the hair tools from your hands & puts them back. You nod your head & smile as you practically drag him back to the table & bring out the steaming, fresh pancakes.

"Remember when your mom would make these for you?" you ask as you place them on the table. "You made these yourself Y/N?" You shake your head up & down like a proud child. He smirks. "Is that why I awoke to my arms wrapped around a pillow instead of you?" You giggle & hug him.

Hope you guys like! Please comment, vote, & follow! :)

A/N By the way, that is my family recipe up there, so you can use it for yummy pancakes! Sooo good... It really is real! And I know valentines was like two weeks ago, but I wanted Spock to have one!