Chapter 13:Truth be told!

"Oh it's for Olivia!?" Jade said with a hint of sadness behind it. Olivia? What the hell was he doing getting her a gift? "Well…wow…here…are you hungry because I'm hungry," Jade said, throwing the gift at Zach and walking out of the room. She felt like crying, but why? It wasn't like she…she…cared who he gave gifts to. They weren't going out, so he didn't owe her anything! She finally made it to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator taking out sandwich supplies. 

"Jade!" Zach soft voice called out to her. 

"I'm making sandwiches, do you want one?" Jade stated, never taking her eyes away from the counter.

"Jade, I …"

"My mom has loaded up on ham, sliced turkey, bologna and um…" Jade muttered with a deep sigh. "If you want that she has…umm…different kinds of chesses…"

"Jade," Zach said a little closer this time. Jade looked quickly toward him, noticing he was walking closer to her. "Jade…can you…"

"Or if you don't want a sandwich I can try and look for something else if you'd like…" Jade let out quickly.

"Can you calm down a little?" Zach asked. 

"Would you like something to eat?" Jade asked calmly as possible.

"Could you do me a favor?" 

Jade placed her hands on the counter and sighed again. "You know what Zach! I don't think I want to talk to you right now!"

"Why not Jade?" Zach asked. He lightly touched her shoulder and she stepped to the side. 

"Don't touch me!" Jade yelled furiously. "What am I to you? Oh, I know what I am to you, nothing but a goddamn virgin experiment. Well…listen up because I will not become a little bitch plaything ok?" Jade said, going back to the sandwich stuff on the counter. "You…you…you know what? I don't even give a fuck because I'm your stepsister after all. So, go on and pursue Olivia all you want!" Jade sniffed a bit and wiped her eyes. She wasn't crying was she?

"Here…" Zach said throwing the gift down beside Jade's hand. "I need your opinion on it. Olivia and you are best friends I take it. So, I would like to know if I should return it or is she going to like it."

"Umm…"Jade said with a shaky voice. She should say no...shouldn't she? What was wrong with him, he couldn't possibly be that dense! How dare he even ask this! What had happened to the Zach who made her weak in the knees, who was so engrossed in her, who had told her he liked her and he wanted to explore what they had? She looked over at the gift and wondered what Zach had gotten for Olivia. The wrapping was nicely done and she wondered if he wrapped it himself. Closing her eyes she picked up the gift and began to slowly open it, trying not to rip the paper. She pushed the wrapping paper back, noticing a long white box underneath it.

"I hope its ok…"Zach said. Jade rolled her eyes and undid the tape that was stuck on the sides of the box. Why should she open this? Swallowing all her worries, Jade opened the box, her heart beating quickly in her chest. 

"Oh…" Jade sighed out when she noticed the green and black fabric. It was a green dress with black vertical lines in it. It was soooooo cute…well Jade thought so. "This is beautiful!" Jade said.

"Really!?"

"Yea…it…really is!" Jade trailed off. This was so depressing! "But, I don't think this is something Olivia would like. She's more into bright colors or colors that match her skin tone, eyes, hair color and this is a size six and she's smaller then that I think."

"But, do you like it?" Zach asked. He moved in closer to her, as she shrugged. "Well…" he said.

"Yes I do, it's my size and everything, but Olivia won't like it," Jade said folding the dress back up. "So, you're going to have to return it. Now, if you don't mind I have a sandwich to make." Jade placed the dress back in the box and handed Zach the gift back. "Take it!"

Zach smiled. "You silly thing!"

"What?" 

"I bought this gift the same day I got the rental car…"

"Zach I don't want to hear…" Jade stated and closed her eyes. 

"Listen to me! I saw this dress in the window of this store and it just looked so perfect. I bought this dress for an early Christmas present for…"

"Zach…"

"You…Jade!" Zach said with a smile and pushed the gift back to her. "I guess I forgot to take it from underneath my seat and stuff it in my room. What an idiot right?" 

Jade stepped back and scoffed. "No, no, no this is for Olivia!"

"No, in all honesty it's for the one person that's very special to me, which is you. I just said it was to Olivia because I didn't mean for you to find it and I had to make up something. I didn't know you would get all upset over it!"

"You asshole!" Jade said at last. She shook her head, placing the gift back on the counter. "How dare you!?"

"What did I do?"

Jade walked closer to him with her hands on her hips. She should be angry and tell him off for lying shouldn't she? That's what she should do! "How dare you buy me something so…so…so…sweet?" But, she just couldn't!

"I like you!"

"I like you too, but…" Jade looked into Zach's eyes and stopped. He looked surprise, but had a big smirk planted across his face. "What are you looking so happy about?"

"You finally said it!"

"Said what?"

"You liked me!"

Jade blushed, fumbling with the end of Zach's t-shirt. "Wasn't that evident though?"

"I guess so," Zach chuckled and moved closer to her. "But, it's nice to hear it from you!"

"Don't expect me to be the affectionate type, that's just not my style," Jade laughed. Zach wrapped his arms around her and she willingly leaned into his embrace. She liked the feel of him, he felt so warm and he smelled so damn good. She liked everything about him! His personality, his looks, his body and the way he seemed to know everything about her.

"I wouldn't want to change you," Zach whispered and kissed her forehead.

Jade looked up at him and laughed. "Are you obsessed with every body part from my neck on up?" Jade asked curiously.

"Why do you ask?"

"You've kissed me everywhere, on the face, except were a guy should kiss a girl?" Jade said with a cocky smile. She ran her hands up the front of Zach's shirt and balled it into her fists, pulling him down a bit.

Zach grinned. "Do you want me to kiss you?" he said, his eyes trailing down to her lips.

"I want you to…" Jade licked her lips and brushed them lightly across his. She almost laughed when she heard him let out a low growl. "Let me kiss you!" Jade closed the distance between their lips. She didn't expect it to be so pleasurable, his lips were like heaven. Her body leaned into his and she wrapped her arms around his neck, not wanting him to let go. Tilting her head just a bit she opened her mouth, trying to slip her tongue into Zach's mouth.

"Whoa!" Zach said breathlessly, breaking the kiss. 

"What!?" Jade asked looking over his face.

"I didn't know you were so experienced in the kissing area!" Zach confessed.

"Then there are a lot of things you're going to have to learn about me, aren't you?" Jade said with a smile.

"Hell, I'm going to like this then!" Zach said and wrapped his arms tightly around Jade possessively. Jade squealed happily when he picked her up and sat her on the counter.

"Zach I'm sitting on the box with my dress inside!" Jade giggled.

"It's just a dress it's not like its breakable." 

Jade leaned in and gave Zach another soft kiss, making him close his eyes. "I never knew you would feel so nice," Jade mumbled on his lips. She felt his tongue on hers and let out a soft moan. 

"Don't do that!" Zach whispered when Jade sucked on his bottom lip.

"What?" Jade asked too engaged in his lips.

"Moan like that!"

"Why?"

"It's turning me on!" Zach admitted. Jade laughed a little, removing her arms from around Zach's waist, moving them to the front of his shirt. Neither of the two heard a car pull up into the driveway.

"That's really interesting to know," Jade teased. She moaned into his mouth and slid her hands down his chest toward his jeans.

"A really bad idea!" Zach informed her.

"We'll see…"

"Hello kids!" a woman's voice yelled out and the front door opened. Jade pushed Zach off of her and tried to catch her breath. She jumped off of the counter and threw the, smashed, box at Zach. She quickly moved to the sandwich supplies and took out two slices of bread. 

"Hi mom, we're in the kitchen!" Jade called, watching her mother and Jacob walk into the living room. She looked over where Zach was, noticing he wasn't there anymore!

"Oh, there's my baby!" Sarah shouted excitedly. She dropped her pocketbook on the couch in the living room, and then accompanied her daughter in the kitchen. "I am so glad that you two made it home today!" she said kissing Jade on the check. "You didn't have any problems finding the place did you?"

"No ma!" Jade assured her mother.

"Am I not here?" Jacob said. He walked into the kitchen and gave Jade a kiss on the check too.

"Hi Jacob!" Jade said with a smile.

"Call me dad will you!?" he said, patting her head. Jade laughed and went back to making her sandwich.

"Hey!" Zach said, joining everyone back in the kitchen. Jade looked at him, noticing the gift was gone out of his hands. He gave Jacob and Sarah a hug and moved beside Jade. "Can I take a ham sandwich with a tomato?" he asked Jade.

"Make it yourself!" Jade taunted. She watched Sarah and Jacob move to the table in front of the counters. 

"I can't believe it's eleven already!" Zach said, reaching to grab some sandwich supplies. 

"The Vicks were so damn boring we ate and left," Sarah said, waving her hand in her face. "You know how the Vicks are Jade…they just don't know how to shut the hell up!"

"Sarah honey, it wasn't that bad," Jacob told her. He slid his arm over her shoulders and rubbed her arm. Jade smiled at the two, they were just too cute.

Sarah was in her early forties, but she didn't look a day over twenty-seven! Her skin was still smooth as a baby's butt, with no wrinkles to show her aging. When Jade was little everyone thought Sarah was Jade's sister, instead of her mother. You would think it was embarrassing, but really it was a compliment. Jade had inherited everything she had from her mother. The eyes, the hair, the intellect and did she mention the beauty? 

You can't forget about Jacob though! He was just in his late forties, but Zach hardly resembled him. The only thing that they had in common was the charm and the hair. Jade just guessed that Zach's other qualities came from his mother! But, that wasn't to say Jacob wasn't handsome for an old guy. He had more of that Sean Connery thing going on, with the beard and everything.

"Jade dear how's the college life?" Sarah asked.

Jade sighed and reached for the sliced turkey, slightly bumping elbows with Zach. "School's ok ma if you don't count all the jerks around the campus," Jade said referring to that night with the five guys. "I made a couple of friends, but this one girl named Olivia is really interesting…"

"Are there any guys your awestruck with?" Sarah interrupted. 

Jade caught her mother's 'invading tone' and scoffed. "Ma, right now I'm trying to keep my grades up…"

"So there's a guy?" Sarah asked, lifting her eyebrows. 

"No there isn't!" Jade answered, looking over at Zach to see his reaction.

"Oh…dear are you into women?" Sarah asked. Jade dropped the knife she had in her hand and rubbed her eyes. "It's ok if you are. I know that nowadays you young kids are exploring your sexuality and…"

"MA!" Jade shouted, trying to cover her face.

"Sarah honey, don't embarrass the girl! She may not be ready to come out of the closet yet!" Jacob said. 

"Oh my god….jeez I'm not a lesbian!" Jade shouted. She gave Zach an evil glare when she heard him snicker over.

"Then why isn't there a guy dear?" Sarah said.

Jade sighed in defeat and began to clean up her mess after finishing her sandwich. "Can't I be single? I'm only nineteen, I have time!"

"Is it because you don't have a lot of confidence in yourself? Jade dear you're a very pretty woman…isn't she Zach?" Sarah asked.

"Umm…"Zach stuttered. "Yes, she's a very pretty woman."

"Did you know she's part Italian? She gets it from my side of the family!" Sarah said proudly. Jade rolled her eyes, moving to the table where Sarah and Jacob were sitting.

"What about you son, do you have a woman in your life yet?" Jacob asked. Jade had stopped from eating her sandwich to look at Zach. She had said she wasn't in a relationship with anyone, but would he say the same?

Zach chuckled and finished making his sandwich, deciding to join the family at the table. "I've found somebody!"

"Congratulations!" Jacob and Sarah said in unison.

"Who is this girl? What's her name? How old is she?" Sarah questioned Zach. She leaned on her elbows and smiled.

"Her name is…" Zach started and took a quick glance at Jade. "Her name is Jade Hickery; she's 19 and goes to the same college as Jade!" Jade coughed harshly and her eyes grew wide.

"What a coincidence?" Sarah said, looking at her daughter. "Do you know her dear?"

"Uh…" Jade stuttered, looking over at Zach for help. "I do!"

"What's she like?" Sarah asked with a smile.

"She's…" Jade said, looking quickly at Zach.

"Funny, beautiful, sexy when she wants to be, intelligent, highly devoted to something and stubborn, but I like that quality within her," Zach finished. Jade felt as though her cheeks were on fire, but no one seemed to notice the blush. Thank goodness!

"You should have brought this woman over, so we could meet her," Jacob said. He reached his hand out and patted Zach's back. "I am afraid I have to retire, Sarah kept me up all night last night. Plus, she wants me to wake up early to go to the airport to get Grams and Pops!"

"Jacob, don't make it sound like a goddamn obligation!" Sarah told him, as he gave her a kiss.

"Sorry dear!" 

"I'm going to have to join you. I was the one that did keep you up last night, remember!" Sarah laughed and pushed her chair in. She gave Jade a kiss on the forehead and hugged Zach. "You two don't stay up to long."

"And don't forget to clean up! Sarah just hates a mess in the kitchen," Jacob added. He grabbed Sarah's hand and escorted her to the opening of the hallway.

"Goodnight!" they said in unison.

"Goodnight!" Zach and Jade said. 

"Jade…Hickery eh?" Jade whispered to Zach, when the couple was out of earshot. 

Zach shrugged and smiled. "It's you, you know!?"

"I know that, but that was a dumb move."

"Why? I didn't lie! And at least I'm not considered to be a lesbian?" Zach joked. Jade got out of her chair, walking to the kitchen to wash her plate.

"Whatever! Look, I'm going to change into my Pj's. So, knock before you come in ok?" Jade said. "OK!?"

"Ok!" Zach yelled. Jade looked at Zach skeptically, deciding to go to her room. When she walked into the room she quickly pulled out her Pj's, from her suitcase, and then closed the door. She reached her hand out to lock the door, but stopped choosing it was be best to give Zach a bit of credit. She began to undress and heard a soft knock on the door.

"Just a minute," Jade called out. She hurriedly pulled off all her things and slid on her Pj's from the previous night. She walked over to her suitcase and stuffed the rest of her things into it. "You can come in!" She sat on the frame of the bed and crossed her legs as Zach came in. "I can't believe you didn't try to come in."

"I was trying to be respectable," Zach said coolly, lifting off his shirt.

"Uh…" Jade said when he begun to pull off his pants. She turned her head to the side and blushed. 

"A guy doesn't have to sleep in anything else except for his boxers!" Zach chuckled. Looking back at him Jade smiled in amusement, he was wearing smiley faced boxers!

"Wow, what a great choice!" she joked and laid back on her bed.

Zach smiled at her playfully. "You should see the trick I can do in them," he said mischievously.

"What trick is that?"

"Well…you see this smiley face?" Zach said pointing to one. "This one can stick out from the others!"

Jade laughed. "You can be so perverted!"

"Oh that's not perverted," Zach said. He slowly shuffled his way to the light switch. "I can show you perverted!" With one kick of his heel he closed the door and with one flick of his finger he switched off the lights. Jade closed her eyes, but opened them to see Zach's form walking toward her. Moonlight, from the single window, showed all the right places on his well sculpted masculine body causing Jade to do nothing else but smile.

"What do you think your doing?" Jade asked, sounding somewhat annoyed. She propped herself up with her elbows, biting her bottom lip. 

"Nothing that you don't want to happen," Zach said, bending down to take her lips in his. He lightly pushed her down on the bed so his body could hover over hers.

"We…can't…no," Jade panted in between kisses.

"I just want to kiss you! So, why not?" Zach asked, moving from her lips to kiss along her jawbone.

"Our parents are…right across the hall…."

"So?"

"And I think…" Jade whispered. She pressed her hand on Zach's chest, making him stop. "That the smiley face is doing its little trick right now. I think it may want to do an encore!" Jade laughed.

Zach chuckled and stood up. "I guess your right and I don't think you want that particular smiley face right now!" He leaned in to give Jade one more soft kiss and strolled over to his bed. "Goodnight Jade!"

"Goodnight!" Jade responded. She pulled her sheets back and slipped underneath them. He was an amazing kisser she had to admit that? But, she had to watch herself before she gave into more temptation. She heard a rustle of sheets moving around and looked toward Zach's area. It was hard to see, but she guessed he was just settling in. She sighed and closed her eyes, before a dip in her bed caused her to open them. 

"I just want to hold you," Zach whispered. He wrapped his arm around Jade's body.

"Ok! But, don't hold me to long, just in case the parents decide to check on us," Jade whispered closing her eyes again. 

"Don't worry let me just wait till you fall asleep ok?" Zach said kissing the back of her neck. Jade smiled happily to herself. This is something she really could get use to!